+1

Just got back from breaking my Spark in.

Well just got back from taking the new 2up 60hp Spark out for the first time. I put 90 minutes on the motor, and had a lot of fun. Compared to my 95 xp as reported yes, it does have better low end and mid range, but the Spark seriously lacks in to end. 41mph is all I could get out of her. After the first hour of riding I did feel her start to be more responsive it felt like. Sea Doo could have done a lot better with the top end, but I knew this going in.

The hull feels about as loose as an X4 Hull except I would say the Spark sponsons hold up a bit better in tight cornering. The Spark is way lighter in the front end for sure, launching it off waves is going to be really easy. I was on a tiny lake making my owns waves and getting pretty good air. I love how the back of the foot well is slanted, I love to keep my feet there when I stand up and ride and it makes throwing my wait around easy.

It is a really really dry ride like most have already covered, in the foot wells and overall. The steering did feel like a weak link to me, especially the throttle. The plastic throttle just feels cheap and like it won't last long with me jamming on it. I am not impressed with how easily the hull marks up. I forgot to bring a ratchet strap with me when I picked up so I had a loaner from the dealer on. The black coating on hooks and clamps marked the hull with black smudges. Hoping a magic eraser takes it right off. It won't happen again I can tell you that. I am pretty picky about cosmetics, I like my girls to look good after putting so much love in to them. Interested to hear what people come up with as far as cleaning/care for the hull.

Overall impression, is this will be a lot of fun when it goes faster and has a lot more power. I knew that going in but still how does a 95 XP beat this thing out the box, 19 years later....

Vtech Maptuner arrives Monday, what should I expect top end wise after installing 109hp tune? Hopefully after I add all my mods I can see upper 50's at least with a super responsive low end.

+1
    You will be very happy after you Vtech it

+1
    I have a 90hp 3up. I can tell you going from touring to sports mode is a night and day difference. You going from 60 to 109 is going to be some write up. Sports mode is a totally different ski.

+1
    Good write up I like The honest Compassion. I was a little worried but jaydog reminded me you got the 60. I have ordered the 90 and want it to be fun but don't want to do mods. I'm going from a 95 spx untouched. So I think my expectation are fair I want an improvement but not asking for much so I think the 90 will deliver just fine.

+1
    Xdrian-thank you for the reassurance, i need it lol

Jaydog- yeah 109 should feel great I am sure, looking forward to it. Hopefully weather cooperates and lets me go test it out before everything else gets here.

Dolson- Thank you, I think the 90ho will deliver for you to.

+1
    The V tech tune will waken the beast .. Use the 402 tune ...

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/221435936502...84.m1555.l2649

I rode the spark and I dropped and drilled the sponsons, still think it needs more bite on the cornering.
    I removed the spark arrestor as well, its a mean little machine.

+1
    When ride the Spark around a CC course u need to ride it like a Hx , don't hold power around the turn ...

Power off , lock then turn and punch the power ... It will turn tight ...

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SLASHER View Post
    When ride the Spark around a CC course u need to ride it like a Hx , don't hold power around the turn ...

Power off , lock then turn and punch the power ... It will turn tight ...
    Hell yeah, that's how the RXPX performs at its best on turns, just as described.

Thread Information