Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Any meth users on the forum?

I figure it would grab much attention, any of you running any meth injection system on the ski? want to run 50/50 but need more info on AFR for meth/water.

+1
    I think the deal is the environment is pretty harsh in jet ski's between the water and vibration etc. Just one more thing to worry about as if there isn't enough stuff already. I probably wouldn't do it. It's been discussed before search around. Why not just hit it with shot of NOS? Or go Ethanol. Clearly you are running out of things to do

+1
    high boost and a good IC creates a good amount of mist that will keep the combustion chamber pretty clean.

i looked around and only found one post in the honda forum of a kit used on a honda ski. nos/ race gas is expensive and here 116 octane fuel is about $26usd per gallon if i can do the same with injection and have same octane or more why not a gallon of alchohol/ meth is like $5usd and that would = 2 gallons at a 50/50% mix and that should last a few tanks of gas.

Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    high boost and a good IC creates a good amount of mist that will keep the combustion chamber pretty clean.
    i got a riva Gen3 IC it works good just looking to keep cost of not using race fuel, if i get the same or more octane with 50/50 mix i can then boost up and have a good afr and no deto due to crappy fuel.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DR2006RXP View Post
    i got a riva Gen3 IC it works good just looking to keep cost of not using race fuel, if i get the same or more octane with 50/50 mix i can then boost up and have a good afr and no deto due to crappy fuel.
    at 50/50 you'll need a large nozzle to increase octane that much. You'd destroy the plugs first. You'll need a higher ratio mix. I just used it to absorb the heat the IC didn't in my car. They recommend the lower 51/49 or equal 50/50 mix because beyond that ratio it becomes flammable and the holding tank itself can be a bomb.

water/alky ratio + volume applied divided by amount of fuel being delivered and type of fuel being delivered = point increase or something like that

+1
    In our application I'd go for higher Meth % as you get some free water injection from condensation. Some have ran 100% meth in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by DR2006RXP View Post
    at 50/50 you'll need a large nozzle to increase octane that much. You'd destroy the plugs first. You'll need a higher ratio mix. I just used it to absorb the heat the IC didn't in my car. They recommend the lower 51/49 or equal 50/50 mix because beyond that ratio it becomes flammable and the holding tank itself can be a bomb.

water/alky ratio + volume applied divided by amount of fuel being delivered and type of fuel being delivered = point increase or something like that
    The nozzle i have is rated at 300-450hp so i should be fine, my cmd has removed fuel since i started with tune for 80s and am using id1000 cmd has removed over 20+ at cells. just looking to get an octane booster, i will post results.

Quote Originally Posted by Sayers View Post
    In our application I'd go for higher Meth % as you get some free water injection from condensation. Some have ran 100% meth in the past.
    my kit has silicone hoses and they recommend 70 or 80% meth max not to melt the lines.

Doesn't meth also wash the oil out of the jugs and valve train? I recall from racing a mini sprint for a season powered with meth in a R1 engine that the oil had to be changed real frequently like every three races.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information