Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bough Used 2011 300x Need some tips

Just bough a 2011 300x , "The Hulk" , very excited,
    A
    s previously done came her to learn about the new 300x, Being from a RXP 05 is definitely different so I'm looking for a similar post read here on how to bullet proof my 300x and get to know if any known issues with 2011 300x, Already thinking on getting a Bilge and installing it,

Today installing the Riva speed limiter .

Any good advice or links are appreciated.

Here is my New Machine!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hulk.JPG 
Views:	123 
Size:	133.3 KB 
ID:	328768

Banned User
    +1
    The 2013 catch can, make sure you feed her 91 octane. unless you plan on racing theres not a lot else. Bars/sponsons are nice personal preference. You can go round and round with people on here about grates and ride plates but its all how you like it to feel

Thanks Mike...., I remember when I did the same question about my first rxp05 tons of replies, its good to know these machines are reliable. Can't wait to test it this weekend.

I learn I need to fog it often, I use to fog my 05 engine but the 300x is for the charger, Any fogging oil will do?

At 62 hrs should I inspect the Exhaust Filter, Any other thing might need inspection?,

Banned User
    +1
    I said this just recently, I have over 100hrs on 2 ultra 300's and although ill never recommend you shouldn't fog, ill just say I have never once. If you ride salt, fog! No questions asked just do it. I couldnt say which type of oil obviously hahaha

Exhaust filter definitely check its easy, unbolt catch can and move out of the way, undo 4 pipe bolts, loosen 2 exhaust clamp bolts and pull it all back/out. You can replace or reuse the gaskets with a think layer of sealant.

You can check or replace the oil cooler lines if you feel like it, soms people have had them split

Took it for a Ride this weekend, This is a new Monster, Torque was awesome , Was expecting to hit the 70's in the dreamometer since the mechanic installed the Riva Speed Limiter Mod but was doing 68, same as previous owner stayed 68 top speed, so not sure if mod in good shape or if installed correctly or if working since I bough it used.. Still very fast and stable machine, I'm a very happy owner !

What is the 2013 catch can Mod, Is it a replacement for current catch can, You have a link to the mod? (searching...)

+1
    My #1 tip- Keep the waterbox dry.

7. +1 by:

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Speedo dont go past 68

Banned User
    +1
    look at the active rpm on the dash while you're riding it, if it is above 7500 rpm consistently then the speed control over ride is working correctly.

I don't have a link but the 2013 catch can is just a different design catch can that bolts in place of your stock catch can. the 2013 model catch can is more of a triangular shape can instead of the cylinder shaped can that you currently have. it has different internal baffles apparently which helps keep the oil inside the can and not burp into intake and intercooler
    Last edited by Mike H; 05-13-2014 at 08:08 AM. Reason: words/format

Any pictures of where is the so called inspection tube?, i guess i should get the catch can out and inspect if it needs drainage? Any procedure links with pictures ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by azsuptt View Post
    Took it for a Ride this weekend, This is a new Monster, Torque was awesome , Was expecting to hit the 70's in the dreamometer since the mechanic installed the Riva Speed Limiter Mod but was doing 68, same as previous owner stayed 68 top speed, so not sure if mod in good shape or if installed correctly or if working since I bough it used.. Still very fast and stable machine, I'm a very happy owner !

What is the 2013 catch can Mod, Is it a replacement for current catch can, You have a link to the mod? (searching...)
    Even if you got it to hit 80+ mph the speedo will still read 68.
    Getting the 2013.5+ catch can will keep the oil from getting into the IC. the SCOM is working if the rpm don't drop. GPS your speed to get a more accurate reading.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information