Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Best oil to use in a 2004 seadoo rxp 215hp sc?? Oil change video?

I been told that full symthetic isnt the best for the sc seadoos. Can someone advise me on what type of oil i should be using? And does anyone have a video that shows how to change the oil in a 04 rxp?

+1
    That's old school bull shit IMO. Nothing wrong with full synthetic (apart from the cost) and it's simply more refined than a raw oil. I run Castrol 4T racing full synthetic. There's a part syn below that (Castrol Power 1 GPS 4T) which I have ran for years in my RXP.

General consensus is any bike oil that is JASO MA/MA2 suitable for wet clutches.

I don't like the BRP oil, seems like it degrades and contaminates to quickly. But you are getting the benefit of corrosion protection as with all marine oils

Riva will tell you to use Valvoline VR 1 racing oil straight 40w. And they note that the SC clutch is not a "wet clutch" it's a friction clutch. Wet clutch typically refers to a motorbike clutch which is made up of metal and composite materials and is in an oil bath.

3. +1 by:

+1
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=32

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=100030

Unlike other sites, the search function here at the Hulk is very much functional... and this oil topic has been hashed out over and over already... Welcome to the Hulk.

Also, don't be afraid to download the shop manual for your machine... seadoomanuals.net it's very handy to have on hand.

Im am still yet to find a straight answer to his question? the manual says synthetic then other places say to never use it? please some one help me ? what do you guys use?

+1
    This is a good question. Im gonna be changing the oil in my 05 rxp here in the next week. What is the best or recommended oil to use?

+1
    To answer your question ,YES you can use full synthetic oil as long as it is JASO MA/MA2 rated AND you have metal Scer clutches...IF you still have the ceramic clutches(WHICH IF YOU DO YOU NEED TO GET THEM OUT BEFORE EVEN THINK ABOUT CHANGING THE OIL)then you do not want to use synthetic......Which brand and weight is up to you....Some run 10-30,I like to run 10-40 while others run straight weight..

+1
    Per the Sea Doo manual you should not use a full synthetic oil in any supercharged models. They state the synthetic blend that Sea Doo sells for the watercraft is what is preferred. If you have to use anything else the Sea Doo manual states to a conventional non-synthetic oil rated for wet clutches (motorcycle oil). I always the Sea Doo oil. It is not too expensive and I hear it is great stuff. Has always worked for me.

The above info doed not apply to NA models.

+1
    Of course seadoo is gonna tell you their oil is the only one preferred, they want to make that money off you....That's a no brainer...The reason Seadoo stated not to use synthetic oil is because of the ceramic clutches they used to install on their Scers.....Now that they no longer make use of ceramic clutches you CAN use it...If you look at a bottle of seadoo oil you would notice they now sell it as synthetic...if you guys prefer to run the seadoo oil then that's your choice..BUT you CAN use synthetic oil in your ski as lo g as it is JASO MA/MA2 rated...we have been doing this for years now.....but like I said....it's your ski,your money..

+1
    I dont think it matters much after a skis been broken in, Castrol 4T racing full synthetic.is what I use as well

when checking the oil should the engine be cold or warm?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information