Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

some Bad issues after rebuild 04 RXP

Bought a used gauge and worked fine, on cycling through start up with key in, it would say sensor then go away to seadoo, paid little mind to it,

was going to hook up to hose today to verify oil level and started to cycle though then dead like does no longer work, checked fuses, wires, all look good, now back to the double beep then long beep and chirp, so is there a way to test the conection plug and maybe hook a direct 12v line to see if gauge is just dead????

I went ahead and went to the lake to test any way started right up went out, and noticed it was like very dodgy like lacking HP Got on plain and noticed it was smoking like a GP1300R 2 stroke, ok not good,it seemed to have like a third less HP then it should, got out of water, level checked oil it was 2 1/2 inches above the mark it should had been. Limp mode right??

Got back to the house Pulled spark plugs see pics the PTO is Black as hell, pulled compression 142/139/142, changed oil it was dark from excess gasket seal on cases,Pulled alittle over 3 quarts only put 2 back in now reads alittle low, changed filter it looked ok, would about a quart do this to the pto cylinder to burn that much oil? see pic,

next is a sensor issue without a gauge working and no shop to hook it back up till june will a sensor put it into limp mode or the gauge not working?

Please any help would be great as I put alot of time into this and so far all I got was a ride like on a polaris 650

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140509_185335.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	328807Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140509_185341.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	328808

+1
    so what happened to the motor that required it to rebuild?

+1
    SC Ceramic washer went out, Everything has been replaced.

I would check wire connection on back of gauge to ensure it did not come unplugged. Check fuses also.

+1
    Checked fuses and conections

+1
    I had a gauge go on my 05 GTX a couple of months ago, the vibrations from the engine over time cause small cracks around the case of the gauge. If you notice any condensation in the cluster then its cracked, that was the first thing i noticed and about 10 mins later the gauge stopped working. The ski will run fine without the gauge it will just give out two beeps every once in a while.

7. +1 by:

+1
    I just checked the engine manual smoke can be caused by too high oil level and that could explain the fouled plug.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Seadoo engine smoke.png 
Views:	60 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	328828

9. +1 by:

+1
    Hopefully its as easy as that to solve the problem

11. +1 by:

+1
    thank you I will change the plug and run it tomarrow, On alittle less oil, I just hope its not a valve seat,OH GOD I HOPE NOT,, and the gauge yep I think I bought a short lived gauge my freekin luck

When the older skis MPEM faulted back to certain settings, like the depth sensor icon being checked/ activated the gauge would read sensor when DESS key is first plugged on. A bad gauge will give you a long beep, it is a communication problem. Depending on how badly shorted out the gauge is, it will put a unit into limp mode. Yes that much oil will foul plugs and cause them to smoke like a worn out two stroke but have not seen one go into limp mode from excess oil.

14. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information