+1

What MPH should this setup bring on FX Crusier?

Ok first my AFR gauge crapped out during testing so I have no numbers for that but from some of your experience where should I be with this setup. Also I know your going to say what is RPM which that wasn't reading correctly either yet, it was my first time out with this setup.

I want to mention I may have a leak as I was only making 12 lbs boost and 78.4 mph.

2012 FX SHO Cruiser
    R&D R3, E1, Fizzle cooler, RRFPR base at 52 with hose off, 160 Riva 12 vein pump, 160 Riva sleeve, 160 13/19 impeller, R&D intake grate, Jim's plate, L13 cone, R&D cooling kit, Riva rear exhaust, Riva intake, ribbon delete.

thanks for any good advice in advance

Rich

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    with close to that set up and same ski 2012 sho cruiser. E1 wheel, type 14 intercooler, rrfpr, R3 reflash, my plate, Leo's wedge, my cooling kit, free flow, riva intake and sleeve, r&d intake grate. 82 plus 1st. day testing went back out another day after readjusting 83 plus mph.

12 psi. of boost sounds low make sure you have no boost leak

+1
    Jim thanks much for responding. I figured I should be be somewhere in the low 80's. I took it out today with the tiny tach and I see no adjustment on there but it was only reading 4650 rpm max? I assume its not getting a good reading but it was idling at 650 to 700 rpm.

It cavitates 3-4 times on the hole shot but then it takes off pretty good for a big ski. I also have the nozzle you bored out for me. I need a good AFR gauge as I think mine bit the dust.

rich

your boost sounds low and tach sounds like its set up wrong follow the instructions until idle is at +/- 1250.also 3-4 cavitations doesnt sound right for what you have done in the pump area at such a low power level.try launching with the ski trimmed all the way down and with your body weight over the handle bars and report back with your cavitation counts.i get 3cavitations stock liner and pump on the older SHO on take off using that technique.its a different hull but i think you should be just getting over 80mph.

+1
    your setting is wrong on your tiny tack, you will know when you have the correct pulse setting when you see about 1200-1300 rpm at idle then report your constant top rpms at wide open throttle. I watch my tack at wfo and use these numbers for top rpm as the max reading on the tacks are some times spikes in rpms and not acurate constant top rpms so i can get my prop pitched for my target rpms. Tommy Jordan

+1
    Thanks much guys. Il try messing with the tach today.

+1
    In another thread I asked for instructions how to set the tach right but no replies yet. There are no buttons on this thing except a little black one on the backside. Is that the only adjustment on these?

Thread Information