june 2, 2014 galveston or Freeport Monday SUV fishing or with your pwc rig?

hey guys, two of my buddies and myself are trying to organize a fishing trip out of either Galveston or Freeport Texas on June 2nd which is a Monday. If we launch out of Galveston we will probably go to the North Jetty, Coast Guard Station,and probably Seawolf park. If we launch out of Freeport I am open to suggestions but if it is calm we would love to go to the near rigs at a minimum. I saw a recent post for1clean and Mattl for a fishing trip out of these areas. Anybody else interested on Monday? If so, private message me your cell phone number and I will text you the details. As of right now we have 3 SUV's going but anyone on any configured watercraft is invited!

I will be happy to do compression tests on anyone's motors after we are finished fishing for the day.
    713-444-6511

I'm in. I'm cool with either place, but I'd vote for Galveston. If for no reason other than to hit the new super sized Buccee's in Texas City.

It's be nice to catch some fish too. But that's probably just crazy talk.

Sounds like a good time considering the weather holds out....mark me as tentative

About time we get some fishing in 1clean. I'll be changing days off so that I have Sunday/Monday off for the rest of the year like Chrisnatca and one of our other SUV buds Travis...so maybe we can get some saturdays or sundays in as well? We have an option to work the friday night 9:30pm till Sat 5:30am shift (chris, travis and I) so we may pull off a couple red runs as well?

Yea Chris, u know my recent fishing success so it may be a bit optimistic to think I will stain my cooler with blood but as long as I am there...you will catch something aparently. I think my bait just acts like chum for you to catch em. Might have a +1 coming from Austin as well. Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by gigem View Post
    About time we get some fishing in 1clean.
    Yes it is. I had plans on joining my g/f this summer in Spain for a conference however that fell through so I should be able to take off a few days during the week when conditions are right.

For anyone considering joining us on June 2....

The federal snapper season will be from June 1-June 9 so our plan, weather permitting, is to launch at Bridge Bait in Freeport and hit federal waters for some red snapper.

Sounds like a plan to me

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnatca View Post
    The federal snapper season will be from June 1-June 9 so our plan, weather permitting, is to launch at Bridge Bait in Freeport and hit federal waters for some red snapper.

Forecast at the moment is calling for about 2 foot seas on 6/2.

Should be nice.

Thread Information