Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Taking the pump off..

How much give does the pump actually give? I've got the nozzle off the ski and the 4 nuts off the pump but the pump which houses the impeller seams completely stuck on there.. I tried lightly with a pry bar to break it loose with no avail.. Is there any tricks to taking this off?

+1
    2x4 works good as a lever

+1
    if it not want to come out you can remove the c-clip on the inside and remove the pump with the driveshaft

+1
    Okay.. Took me 4 hours to pull the pump... The PO put something on one of the pump loops that goes over the bolt.. I had to take a knife and chisel off what ever was on the pump blocking the pump from coming off.. I'll get some pics of that in a little bit..

Also. I'm not sure if the PO swapped impellers or not.. Once I get the old impeller out ill post pics.. There is the same green nose cone that came with my solas... Also the old impeller is shiney like the solas..

+1
    Most likely aftermarket then.
    Pull and confirm pitch.
    i see so many skis come through shop that previous owners threw on the "shiny prop to make it faster" and pitch is way off.

+1
    You guys wouldn't believe me if I told you... I just spent all that money on a 14-19 prop.. Wear ring and impeller tool... Only to take out a 14-19 prop... What the FFFFFFFFFF

+1
    LOL always good to check first, its always good to have a good spair

Quote Originally Posted by mattydipps View Post
    You guys wouldn't believe me if I told you... I just spent all that money on a 14-19 prop.. Wear ring and impeller tool... Only to take out a 14-19 prop... What the FFFFFFFFFF
    Not great, but be thankful you don't have all that IBR bucket shit to take off everytime. I've had my pump in and out 6 or 7 times over the past month, and even though I've figured out the tricks, it's still a royal PITA.

Wouldn't be without my IBR though

+1
    Did you buy your ski used?

I did the same thing this last week. Pulled everything out to find out i had a solas 14/19 already! Ha Ha. I say its dumb luck, now you have an extra!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 05rxp05 View Post
    Did you buy your ski used?

I did the same thing this last week. Pulled everything out to find out i had a solas 14/19 already! Ha Ha. I say its dumb luck, now you have an extra!
    see heres my confusion, bought my jet ski back in march 2013.. the dealer told me that it was an 06 with 7 hours on the clock.. the price i paid reflected that... the day i picked it up i noticed that there were error codes popping up from the dash board where the hour meter was.. they were little "T" codes which is a tell tale sign that the dash was replaced... I brought it back to the dealership and they fixed the issue, I specifically asked if the dash had been replaced, they said no..

as a precaution, i send the supercharger out for a rebuild, when jerry sent it back to me, i had asked if there were the original ceramic washers inside the machine, he said that there were metal washers already installed, this was another red flag for me... i blew it off..

now, today i wanted to replace my impeller... i noticed that were was some sort of epoxy inside the holes on the jet pump, took me 7 hours to chisel out the pump only to find that a 14/19 impeller was already installed... this is the third red flag on this ski for me.. im seriously thinking that the dealer swapped hour meters and sold me a ski that they claim had only 7 hours when in reality.. it has MUCH more..

i think my next step is going to pay to have a different dealer hook it up to the computer and see how many hours are on the ECU.. if its anything more then what is on my hour meter, i might consider taking legal actions against the dealer.. does this seam like something i have a case over?? what would yall do in a situation like this ??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information