Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Stripped impeller

    i have a 2007 ultra lx that now has a stripped impeller and shaft. I was wondering if the impeller can be fixed or is it trash? I know the shaft is junk. Thanks in advance.


  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by jonyv1 View Post
    i have a 2007 ultra lx that now has a stripped impeller and shaft. I was wondering if the impeller can be fixed or is it trash? I know the shaft is junk. Thanks in advance.
    i have not seen the impellers on the kawasaki ski but on our seadoo the center is pressed in so if you got a old impeller you can cut it in half try to work around the center to extract the good gear and you can put a peace of metal in the center of the one that is stripped fill it with weld and use a hard metal bar that fits the center of the blade and press the old one out.

  3. #3
    found it here it is
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=200086

    i even had my shaft fixed.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by DR2006RXP View Post
    found it here it is
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=200086

    i even had my shaft fixed.
    The impeller is threaded on the shaft on the kawasaki.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by jonyv1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DR2006RXP View Post
    found it here it is
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=200086

    i even had my shaft fixed.
    The impeller is threaded on the shaft on the kawasaki.
    you got any pictures?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by DR2006RXP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonyv1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DR2006RXP View Post
    found it here it is
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=200086

    i even had my shaft fixed.
    The impeller is threaded on the shaft on the kawasaki.
    you got any pictures?
    i can take picture, but have no clue how to post them.

  7. #7
    Moderator #985 lasportsmn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Pierre Part, Louisiana
    Posts
    4,780
    +1
    358
    While you are doing this pump work I suggest you upgrade to the triple bearing set up used in the 2010 to current skis. Also just purchase a Solas impeller. Cheaper than oem and works well. I will post up the proper pitch as soon as I can. I need to look up what I have on my 07 LX

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Logan Martin Lake, Alabama.
    Posts
    61
    +1
    3
    Why is it stripped?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by russell View Post
    Why is it stripped?
    Well... It was either from my neighbor "helping me" with his impact wrench going the wrong way or my father in law's handy work while it was in the vice at his house to sit over night.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Logan Martin Lake, Alabama.
    Posts
    61
    +1
    3
    Ouch! I'm sorry that happened to you.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Problem installing impeller shaft/bolts in hull stripped HELP please
    By RF1 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-18-2014, 07:02 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-06-2013, 10:58 PM
  3. Impeller and Shaft Separated, Splines stripped.
    By majundecid in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-08-2011, 08:59 PM
  4. Stripped Drive Shaft and Impeller
    By Overcenter76 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-01-2009, 12:54 PM
  5. What pitch impeller
    By Turbo Todd in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-21-2008, 10:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •