Water in cylinders!!!!

So I rode both my '97 XP and they did great UNTIL......... One of the skis wouldn't start! The start would "click" "click" "click" like it was engaging but was weak and wouldn't fully crank. My first thought was crap starter went out, but when I got back to shore and pulled the plugs BOTH cylinders were full of water. Now this being said it ran great until I fell off and ski was on its side etc. nothing dramatic just leaned a little far and over we went. NOW my question is what would cause both cylinders to fill with water?!? I've looked and looked and found nothing yet any help is appreciated.

+1
    Did you flip it back the correct way? Just a thought, you may have tipped over the wrong way and filled the exhaust water into the cylinders. Read that sign on the back of the boat below the rub rail. It tells you which way you can tip it back over. Get that water out as quick as possible and run it for a while to get all the condensation out of the case.

It never really rolled all the way upside down but did roll both ways left and right gandles bars touched water thats how far it rolled. I did pull the plugs and pump all the water out and pulled in some 2 stroke oil in each cylinder to lube them up. My concern is there may be a cracked cylinder but in BOTH at the same time?!?! just doesnt seem likely.

+1
    try to run it again and see if theres still water.

+1
    You need to get it running again ASAP! The water will quickly rust crank bearings , cylinders, and rings. If it's still oil injected you can use carb cleaner as a helper to get it fired off. Just squirt a little in the flame arrestor winterizing hole and crank it.

+1
    stop right there douse those culinders with Wd-40 with plugs out turn over till it stops misting do this a few times, Stabil fogging spray to intake turn over, ONLY EVER USE STABLE FOGGING SPRAY TO START A MOTOR, dont use carb cleaner or starting fluid ever, take to lake run a few minutes and check cylinders should be good, then run the piss out of it. if you have water again in cylinders you gave a gasket issue.

+1
    Bah.....I've been doing it for 20 years and NEVER had a problem. Some idiot at some point probably used half a can and had no other lube in the motor and blew it up and it backfired and shot a fireball in his face and.........use common sense. A little squirt and she'll fire right up.

Thread Information