Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Wave Venture 700 exhaust problem

Hi guys,

Kind of stuck here, not sure what to think of this.

So a friend of mine has a 96' wave venture 700 and somethings up with the exhaust. The hose going from the pipe to waterbox keeps either popping off or splitting down the middle. were on the 3rd hose I believe. everyone says there's a clog in the cooling around the pipe. Instead of cleaning it out he just went and bought a new middle section of the main pipe (the part that has yamaha engraved).

Even with this new part the same thing keeps happening. I'm thinking it has to be a clog or something after that hose, like in the waterbox. If there's pressure building up and restricting the flow enough to split a hose it has to be somewhere in line after the hose right?

Should we try a new waterbox? really stumped on this one, any helps appreciated.

+1
    I have the same ski but a 95 model. Easy enough to verify flow thru the hose. Follow the exhaust back and check the water box. Also check the exhaust hull outlet for a blockage.

+1
    Will take another look. really is becoming frustrating, I just can't seem to find the problem. it looks like it should perform just fine.

+1
    Pull the waterbox and give it a shake. Sometimes a baffle will come loose and it could possibly block flow.

We have the same thing going on here 1996 wave venture the exhaust is getting hot there is water squirting out the side and coming through the head but the water can is getting real hot and the rubber hose is splitting open we too the water can out but theres nothing in there or in the hoses. any one have any other ideas?

+1
    Toward the back of the inner exhaust cover is a rubber seal. It's located behind the "yamaha" portion of the pipe. Sand gets caked up there and limits water getting through to the the muffler. Heats up coupler and blows. If you feel your coupler, I suspect it's getting very hot. You'll need to separate the back half of the exhaust manifold. Take it appart and clean out the debris.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Mouse View Post
    Toward the back of the inner exhaust cover is a rubber seal. It's located behind the "yamaha" portion of the pipe. Sand gets caked up there and limits water getting through to the the muffler. Heats up coupler and blows. If you feel your coupler, I suspect it's getting very hot. You'll need to separate the back half of the exhaust manifold. Take it appart and clean out the debris.
    Ok is that the metal part of the exhaust mounted to the engine your talking about?

+1
    The exhaust portion right above the coupler that is spitting. The exhaust is many parts. It's the last portion of the exhaust pipe where it turns down into the rubber. You may have to remove the whole exhaust to get it appart though. No need to remove the exhaust manifold that mounts to the engine. I think part 42 maybe in the diagrams....

ok i see what your saying now ill check that out thanks for the help.

I would like to say thank you to Mighty mouse there was about 3 cups of sand impacted in there . we got it all cleaned out and it works great again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information