Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Driveshaft bearing output seal.

Hi All,

So i am about fed up with this damn seadoo, Put the driveline back together and i have an oil leak from what seams to be the internal seal of the driveshaft output bearing.

What is the best place to get this bearing, Its the one clamped in the little rubber bellow directly off the PTO.

This is on a sportster 4tec SCIC.... same motor found in alot of the seadoo skis... the 215hp.

+1
    It would help if you posted the year. Here is the one from a 2005 Sportster SCIC parts #42-45 should have ALL been replaced.

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.....-W/-PTO-COVER

Did you oil the 2 O-rings? Did you install the correct Oetiker clamps or gear clamps? Were you careful not to damage the 2 O-Rings when inserting the drive shaft? Did you install the PTO seal in the "correct" or "incorrect" position per the shop manual?

As you can see, any of those items can cause oil leaks……..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-05-11 at 8.21.34 PM.png 
Views:	691 
Size:	376.3 KB 
ID:	328986Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-05-11 at 8.21.23 PM.png 
Views:	349 
Size:	296.2 KB 
ID:	328985

+1
    Also make sure the bearing didnt seperate first..if you had pulled the driveshaft out for any reason you may have seperated the bearing...take a pair of channel locks,cover the bearing with a rag and squeeze the bearing back..you should hear a slight click and feel it IF it was seperated and went back together...

Replaced the o rings inside the bearing, made sure they were oiled, The bearing slipped into place on the driveshaft with ease.

I am using a gear clamp at that location as the bearing popped out of the rubber PTO when the drive shaft was removed, and could not be pushed back in with the original clamp in place.

I shall check to see if the inner bearing is fully seated, I dont remember seeing it abnormally pulled out.

+1
    just be sure that drive shaft mark that goes around DS is hidden if you can see it its not set in bearing right.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by nd4spdbh View Post
    Replaced the o rings inside the bearing, made sure they were oiled, The bearing slipped into place on the driveshaft with ease.

I am using a gear clamp at that location as the bearing popped out of the rubber PTO when the drive shaft was removed, and could not be pushed back in with the original clamp in place.

I shall check to see if the inner bearing is fully seated, I dont remember seeing it abnormally pulled out.
    There's your problem!

7. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nd4spdbh View Post

There's your problem!

it seems as though its leaking from between the inner and outer part of the bearing though. I will have a closer look tomorrow when i tear it back apart.

Quick question on these oetiker clamps, the number stamped on them, (IE 50 for the outter pto one and 48.5 for the motor side) are these the min or max ID of the clamps?

Also anyone know what size oetiker clamps are used on the supercharger pipe between the supercharger and throttle body?

+1
    The 50 and 48.5 is the size (mm) required, no min or max, which is why this is a critical part to keep oil from leaking out and water getting in.

You don't need Oetiker clamps on the SC, IC, and TB hoses…..most guys use T-bolt clamps on these hoses and the exhaust. The reason is you will remove these and reinstall them frequently. You can get a kit of them from http://www.siliconeintakes.com.

+1
    stainless steel hose clamps, also be sure your PTO seal is not pushed up against block there is a groove that needs to be seated befor installing your clamp, be sure to put SS Pto clamp face down so you can remove it without taking SC off. then should have no issues with the pto bearing seating right.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information