Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rxtx temperature sensor

Hi guys. I recently bought a new 2014 rxtx. Had it in the water this weekend and it is awesome. The only thing i noticed missing was the water temperature on the display. I had a pair of 2008's - rxt and rxp, both had the temperature display by default. Am i just somehow missing it on the new ski or has that feature been removed? I feel kind of dumb asking but it's been bugging me and i can't find anything about this on the forums or google.

Thanks in advance

Primary Language: Sarcasm Pony Racer's Avatar
    +1
    should be there..i havn't heard of it getting removed.. bring it back to the dealer..
    it should work even when out of water

Only the ltd. models have water temp sensor,it,s located on the exhaust intake water line.

I wonder why they removed it as a standard feature and put it on the ltd models only? Seems kind of strange since it was standard equipment until very recently. Do you know if there is any way to add it back in with oem parts? Maybe plug and play sensor like the depth finder or various other upgrade modules?

Thanks for the help

In the older units the ibr had incorporated a water sensor because the water flow was passing first thru the ibr bypass,they changed the ibr unit,making more simple.
    i don't know if it can be aded to the the circuit,i need to take a look at the diagram ....,the sensor is a normal temp sensor like a exhaust temp or engine temp sensor.

6. +1 by:

I finally got ONE!!! ;) RXT-260-DOO's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.seadoo View Post
    In the older units the ibr had incorporated a water sensor because the water flow was passing first thru the ibr bypass,they changed the ibr unit,making more simple.
    i don't know if it can be aded to the the circuit,i need to take a look at the diagram ....,the sensor is a normal temp sensor like a exhaust temp or engine temp sensor.
    Yes, please let us know on that. If you can, see if there is a way to do this with the Spark too. That is one thing I miss greatly from my 11' RXT.

Hi guys,for the spark nothing can be done at the moment regarding the water temp. sensor.
    On the other ibr models there is no plug and play accesories but i think it could be done adding the assy and sensor and connect the can wires.,i'll try this weekend on a rxt x that we have in the shop for demo.

Any luck getting the water temp sensor to work on the demo rxtx?

+1
    it's not there on the 2013 RXT-X either... I miss it.

+1
    I did some research on the water temp sensor location and wiring on the GTX LTD 260, it's located inline on the water inlet hose for the intercooler. there is a TEE installed in the line with the sensor mounted in it, the sensor "kit" (which I assume includes the sensor and TEE) costs $39.00.
    the sensor is wired into the ECM at location B-E2 and B-G2.... not sure if the ECM will detect sensor input and automatically display the information or if it needs to be told to look for it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information