+1

Shuttlecraft with a newer ski???

Has anyone used a newer ski with a shuttlecraft? One came up for sale and it's interesting to me. The guy said he "made" the mounts for his 1996 gti. Could I make mounts for my GTR? Any info is appreciated.

I just picked up a lightly used Shuttle Craft Sport Deck today for my '14 GTX Ltd. I will let you know as I set it up over the next two weeks how it goes.

I posted a few pictures over in the open discussion section.

The white on the bottom is the previous owners invention, I will be improving on this greatly...

+1
    Keep me posted,the seller wants $1600 and my 2013 trailer for his 1996 shuttlecraft with trailer. It's in decent shape , but not perfect for sure. Think that sounds fair?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Spalding View Post
    Keep me posted,the seller wants $1600 and my 2013 trailer for his 1996 shuttlecraft with trailer. It's in decent shape , but not perfect for sure. Think that sounds fair?
    Is it a ShuttleCraft Sport Deck or Jet Sport? Mine is a "Sport Deck", it is the larger of the two with a walking platform on the front, the Jet Sport has a standard nose and is a bit smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Spalding View Post
    See from what I have been reading the "Jet Sport" model has Brand/Model specific side rails that bolt on to dock the ski. Mine came with the universal side rail kit (minus some small replaceable parts) and I can adjust it to receive the thickness of rail that my ski has. With the Jet Sport however the ski specific side rail kit need to be purchased separately for your model ski. Obviously since these are not made anymore you will need to either modify the side rails it has currently or have a shop make some new ones.

For that price I would need to know that the Hull was sound (I have heard of stress cracks in that model), and that everything worked. It looks a little abused...

But then again if you can get good use out of it, and it is worth your time and money I say go for it.

These kind of craft meet a specific need and they aren't being made anymore, so sometimes you need to grab them when you see them.
    Last edited by Copper&Black; 05-13-2014 at 10:26 PM.

Thread Information