Depth Sounder harness & bracket

I recently found a cheap used depth finder sounder for my 2012 Sea Doo GTI 130 SE but it came without the wiring harness or the mounting bracket. I called BRP and they helpfully told me that they don't sell the bracket or harness outside of the $300 kit, so I figured I could make each.

Laser-cut 0.100" aluminum for the bracket from my own design. Sourced all the pins, made the harness. Turns out it works great! Let me know if you need harness or bracket, I made extras just in case.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image (14).jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	329013Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image (13).jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	329010Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image (12).jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	78.6 KB 
ID:	329011Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image (11).jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	81.7 KB 
ID:	329012

Neat job. Always nice when you can make a part or a tool that BRP have tried their hardest to block you from doing so. Never known a company who actively tries to alienate it's customers and users. Nice.

One day their will be a real alternative.

+1
    I Did the same, The 13 TX has the bracket already there under the battery you just snap it in. Wish I could get the Depth on the display next to the hours on the other side of the gage though

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tornado34 View Post
    Neat job. Always nice when you can make a part or a tool that BRP have tried their hardest to block you from doing so. Never known a company who actively tries to alienate it's customers and users. Nice.

One day their will be a real alternative.
    They arent alienating the customers, they are just selling parts that were MADE TO FIT their products. You spent $14,000 to buy the ski(not you personally) but you wont spend another $300 to buy the right part for the right job?? They sell it as a kit so they know it is plug and play, they dont want you hacking up the wiring harness and then blaming them for a part that doesnt work right or for other electrical issues that might arise from hacking up the harness....

Have you ever installed an aftermarket radio in a car/truck??? Did you buy the correct adapter harness for that radio or did you hack into your $30,000 cars wiring harness because you didnt want to spend $100 for the adapter???

There is no hacking going on, the harness is exactly like the factory harness and ties into the can bus pins in the fusebox exactly like the factory harness.

I would most definitely not pay $300 for what should reasonably have been priced at $150.

Thread Information