Thread: what camcorder?

+1

what camcorder?

Well I wanna get a digital camcorder, but I dont know what one lol. My mom wants to get one because when we at my friend's race in maryland the kodak digi camera with the video sucked ass. What would you guys recomend that isnt too $$$. thanks

+1
    I'm a camcorder fanatic...always want the latest model out . I currently have a Cannon GL2, which is a bit expensive, in the 2K range. I know a friend who took some excellent video with a Panasonic PV-GS31. They sell for under $300 (on the internet) and also have a $50 mail in rebate offer going on now. It has a 26 power optical zoom (don't even pay attention to the digital zoom power quoted on video cameras), color viewfinder, manual and completely automatic controls, image stabilization, built in video light,and a SD memory card slot to take 1/2 decent still photos. It uses the popular MiniDV tape. I think this camcorder takes video that looks as good as my mega buck Cannon. It is a lot smaller and easier to handle too. Panasonic also has the best repair record of any camera. You would not be disappointed with this camcorder.

Richard

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    my brother has that exact panasonic camcorder... WOW

thing takes some sick freaken movies, the still pictures it takes or very decent.. the features and treansitions and quality... and the ZOOM you can zoom on the tip of a field goal post at a football game from VERY far away...

still have yet to figure out how the hell to transfer video from this camera onto a computer tho altho gotta admit haven't tried yet, but i dunno what the process is or how easy it is... hopefully gonna try it out this weekend transfeering a video of my ski to my computer.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by way2fast
    I'm a camcorder fanatic...always want the latest model out . I currently have a Cannon GL2, which is a bit expensive, in the 2K range. I know a friend who took some excellent video with a Panasonic PV-GS31. They sell for under $300 (on the internet) and also have a $50 mail in rebate offer going on now. It has a 26 power optical zoom (don't even pay attention to the digital zoom power quoted on video cameras), color viewfinder, manual and completely automatic controls, image stabilization, built in video light,and a SD memory card slot to take 1/2 decent still photos. It uses the popular MiniDV tape. I think this camcorder takes video that looks as good as my mega buck Cannon. It is a lot smaller and easier to handle too. Panasonic also has the best repair record of any camera. You would not be disappointed with this camcorder.

Richard

Thanks for the advice Richard.

+1
    If you want to zoom in at more than 10x, I would suggest use of a tripod. Even with the digital image stabilization, it becomes very hard to hand hold the camera still enough to get decent shots at high magnifications.

Richard

Thread Information