Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Coming to the dark side.. (14' FZR content)

Alright fellas, want to start off by saying I'm not a brand loyal person, just looking for the best ski out there. Currently have a GTR215, and I love it, but as always want more speed and think it'd be easier just to trade for a better base than to dump 6-7k+ in this one. I've heard stories of this ski hitting 80 with just a tune, is that just speculation or truth? Also, having a tough time finding a dealer here in NY, any recommendations? Thanks guys!

+1
    True! The 2014 SVHO is an extremely fast ski and it will hit 80-plus with just a tune, although you will need to upgrade cooling, pump tunnel and a few more items to keep running safely at those speeds. Some of the SVHO's have been having problems with the paint peeling off, but hopefully that's just a first-run issue. But yes, for more reliable monster speed that is the best base platform on the water, others will have to spend thousands more just to stay with that Yamaha, and you can keep building it up into the 90's too. Here's a link you will enjoy...

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=210923

+1
    Thanks buddy! Way I look at it it'll cost me 5k just to hit 75ish on my current setup, whereas a $600 tune will smoke that with the FZ lol.

+1
    The SVHO is a nice platform but do not think its just slapping a tune on and go. There are supporting mods that have to be done. Read up.. all the info is here.

+1
    Right, needs I/C and cooling mods to keep it alive and happy.

+1
    If you're wanting to mod and hit 80+ mph the SVHO platform is the best out there for that.

I just hit 71mph bone stock with the speed limiter removed, once i add the ride plate and grate this week I'm sure I'll be at 74-75...that's well under $1000 in mods that take very little time and effort to install, still on a stock ECU

+1
    I'm not sure if Phibbs sells watercraft but they are a Yamaha dealer so you might check there. I haven't bought anything from them or had any work done besides an inspection on my GSX-R 750.

Quote Originally Posted by 94Gt5.0 View Post
    Alright fellas, want to start off by saying I'm not a brand loyal person, just looking for the best ski out there. Currently have a GTR215, and I love it, but as always want more speed and think it'd be easier just to trade for a better base than to dump 6-7k+ in this one. I've heard stories of this ski hitting 80 with just a tune, is that just speculation or truth? Also, having a tough time finding a dealer here in NY, any recommendations? Thanks guys!

+1
    Yeah tried there, guess they don't do PWC's anymore.. thanks though!

Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    I'm not sure if Phibbs sells watercraft but they are a Yamaha dealer so you might check there. I haven't bought anything from them or had any work done besides an inspection on my GSX-R 750.

Quote Originally Posted by 94Gt5.0 View Post

+1
    Where in NY? I bought my 2013 from Dave at McMillan in Rochester and was extremely pleased.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information