+1

Bunk lengh for FX HO ?

I've got an older Shorelandr pwc trailer PWC1200 that i'm going to replace rotten bunks and just wondering what the right size is, currently i've got 5 foots but the trailer was designed for older generations. I'm guessing 6 foot /72" ?

+1
    I would go with the longer ones, and I will tell you what I did: I went to a lumber yard and had custom ones cut out of Poplar, a lot more water resistant and stronger than the usual pine or treated lumber. Also, you know a 2x4 is actually a 1.5" by 3.5" dimension. I had mine cut a full 2" thick, which really makes them alot stronger and not likely to bow so bad when the boat is on it. Mine are over 10 yrs old and still looking great.

+1
    any rule of thumb as to how far off the bunk can stick out from the mount points /bracket ?

I doubled my bunks up for the added weight of the 4 strokes. One bunk on top of a pressure treated per side. Have the back of the bunk hang couple of inches past the back of the trailer so the ski doesnt bump the trailer while loading and unloading.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by scittb View Post
    I doubled my bunks up for the added weight of the 4 strokes. One bunk on top of a pressure treated per side. Have the back of the bunk hang couple of inches past the back of the trailer so the ski doesnt bump the trailer while loading and unloading.
    I was thinking of this but wouldn't you actually want a bit of flexibility to alleviate pressure on the hull when going over the bumps ? if that even makes sense or am I over thinking it.

+1
    I used treated 4x4 but I routed then to match the hull and made then ramp up from the back. 4years old and looks great. Do not use carpet as it just spess s up the decaying of the wood. Must place the plastic sliders. My two cents

Thread Information