Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    67
    +1
    4

    Engine access cover "recall"

    Just got this in the mail stating they are "upgrading" the engine access panel because of problems with the tabs breaking. Anyone else get it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	329075   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	329076  


  2. #2
    dolson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    635
    +1
    86
    Awesome. Heard people complained this shows they listening. It's probably inexpensive fix verse bigger issues people complain of but I'll take it.

  3. #3
    Sarge707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    344
    +1
    52
    They do monitor sites! Wish they would do something as an incentive to hold down the Freight and Prep fee,s people are paying with some dealers because its NOT what they intended?

    Dealers "Milking New Customers" With Fees is Not what they were preaching ????

  4. #4
    So they are just mailing these to everyone? Awesome

  5. #5
    Tiny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Atl
    Posts
    3,561
    +1
    578
    The panels are breaking because people are just pulling like crazy and not sliding it off..Then when putting it on, the just line it up and bang it in place, not slide it on like they should...

    Dealer fees are exactly that...They are dealer fees...BRP has no control over that, and my guess is that they wouldnt care either but I could be wrong...

    I heard this weekend that there is a dealer in Florida that is charging $3500 FEES on the Sparks!!!!!!! Some crap about $1000 for freight, $1500 for prep and $1000 in other BS fees.... I want to see how many of these things he is really selling????

  6. #6
    dolson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    635
    +1
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post

    I heard this weekend that there is a dealer in Florida that is charging $3500 FEES on the Sparks!!!!!!! Some crap about $1000 for freight, $1500 for prep and $1000 in other BS fees.... I want to see how many of these things he is really selling????
    Hate to say it but I'm sure they are selling them. If it wasn't for the greenhulk I'm sure some of us would think that was fair.
    Last edited by dolson; 05-14-2014 at 07:40 PM.

  7. #7
    Q in Arizona's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Phoenix, Az
    Posts
    30,554
    +1
    7,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    The panels are breaking because people are just pulling like crazy and not sliding it off..Then when putting it on, the just line it up and bang it in place, not slide it on like they should...

    Dealer fees are exactly that...They are dealer fees...BRP has no control over that, and my guess is that they wouldnt care either but I could be wrong...

    I heard this weekend that there is a dealer in Florida that is charging $3500 FEES on the Sparks!!!!!!! Some crap about $1000 for freight, $1500 for prep and $1000 in other BS fees.... I want to see how many of these things he is really selling????
    Wow...and I thought it was bad here what the dealers are charging. I understand it's business...everybody gotta eat...but fair is fair.

  8. #8
    suicidebonger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    326
    +1
    73
    Well cool, I didn't know there was another way lol. I am a puller and banger lol

  9. #9
    Tiny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Atl
    Posts
    3,561
    +1
    578
    Quote Originally Posted by suicidebonger View Post
    Well cool, I didn't know there was another way lol. I am a puller and banger lol

    Pull the upper right corner, then slide the panel towards the rear of the ski. When reinstalling it, slide it on, then bang lightly on that upper right corner to secure it...At least that is how you do it on the old panels..I havent seen a new panel yet...

  10. #10
    My spark is in the service dept for my handle bars to be replaced due to them breaking. The dealer said they were going to preform this recall and replace the cover as well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. WTB rxpx /rxp hood access cover lid
    By tris in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-21-2011, 07:57 AM
  2. FS Hood & Engine Hatch Cover '99 XL1200 LTD
    By stilinsm in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-30-2011, 08:21 PM
  3. WTB WTB chrome grill that fits under the access cover for a 2005 RXP?
    By awague2 in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-02-2010, 07:00 PM
  4. I need XP 99 access cover
    By avercesi in forum Sea Doo 4Tec Skis
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-14-2008, 05:19 PM
  5. R&D access cover filter.
    By Beagleman62 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-26-2007, 07:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •