Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Engine access cover "recall"

Just got this in the mail stating they are "upgrading" the engine access panel because of problems with the tabs breaking. Anyone else get it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	329075   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	329076  

+1
    Awesome. Heard people complained this shows they listening. It's probably inexpensive fix verse bigger issues people complain of but I'll take it.

+1
    They do monitor sites! Wish they would do something as an incentive to hold down the Freight and Prep fee,s people are paying with some dealers because its NOT what they intended?

Dealers "Milking New Customers" With Fees is Not what they were preaching ????

So they are just mailing these to everyone? Awesome

+1
    The panels are breaking because people are just pulling like crazy and not sliding it off..Then when putting it on, the just line it up and bang it in place, not slide it on like they should...

Dealer fees are exactly that...They are dealer fees...BRP has no control over that, and my guess is that they wouldnt care either but I could be wrong...

I heard this weekend that there is a dealer in Florida that is charging $3500 FEES on the Sparks!!!!!!! Some crap about $1000 for freight, $1500 for prep and $1000 in other BS fees.... I want to see how many of these things he is really selling????

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post

I heard this weekend that there is a dealer in Florida that is charging $3500 FEES on the Sparks!!!!!!! Some crap about $1000 for freight, $1500 for prep and $1000 in other BS fees.... I want to see how many of these things he is really selling????
    Hate to say it but I'm sure they are selling them. If it wasn't for the greenhulk I'm sure some of us would think that was fair.
    Last edited by dolson; 05-14-2014 at 07:40 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    The panels are breaking because people are just pulling like crazy and not sliding it off..Then when putting it on, the just line it up and bang it in place, not slide it on like they should...

Dealer fees are exactly that...They are dealer fees...BRP has no control over that, and my guess is that they wouldnt care either but I could be wrong...

Wow...and I thought it was bad here what the dealers are charging. I understand it's business...everybody gotta eat...but fair is fair.

+1
    Well cool, I didn't know there was another way lol. I am a puller and banger lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by suicidebonger View Post
    Well cool, I didn't know there was another way lol. I am a puller and banger lol

Pull the upper right corner, then slide the panel towards the rear of the ski. When reinstalling it, slide it on, then bang lightly on that upper right corner to secure it...At least that is how you do it on the old panels..I havent seen a new panel yet...

My spark is in the service dept for my handle bars to be replaced due to them breaking. The dealer said they were going to preform this recall and replace the cover as well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information