Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

+1

VXR-R&D intake grate

Got a good deal on "11 vxr with riva power filter kit/engine breather upgrade, ribbon delete, and riva free flow, only 18 hours. Thing is freaking awesome. Bad part is the original intake grate is still there. I'm getting the r&d Aquavein grate with pump seal kit so I can have piece of mind, but from what I've read over the past 2 hours, it seems like it makes top speed slower. I know this topic has been beat to death and I've spent a couple of hours researching on this site so I thought I would just ask someone out there who maybe knows.....is there a quick fix to gain back the top speed I will lose from the new grate? Add or remove shims? Don't get me wrong, the piece of mind I get from knowing I won't face plant at 70 far out ways the cost of going slower, just sux that I have to invest 300 bucks to slow my ski down. Please, any quick fixes to gain that top speed back? If this info is already there please tag a specific post so I won't b wasting ur time. Thx for any help!

+1
    Yes there is and all the work is done for u whether u reflash or not......ck out known vxs/r issues thread u can also ck out mine or look up jarrett, bryant jopplin, older abracadabra build threads....Also for some speed info read the database in sticky section above....the R&D doesn't take away as much as riva SS but it is a little. I was using my stocker up till about 72mph while testing but decided on rd. gonna try stocker again as I am in the 68/69 mph range testing reflashed ecu
    Last edited by 1200 stx-r; 05-12-2014 at 08:48 PM.

+1
    I am making the switch this season to R&D grate I got bucked and only thing I have done to my ski is ribbon delete so I don't care about a little like mentioned for peace of mind.

+1
    Read Julio's thread about his vxr build up....was entertaining conversation between him and green hulk...anyhow, green hulk mentioned a "mod" that was done to the r&d grate if u are still experiencing a loss of top speed,but that link has been expired or deleted. Anyone out there know what that extra mod was? I know from my own experiences and reading those of others that one mod leads to another then another. I just want the new grate for safety purposes and would like to keep my same top speed, but if no easy fix exists then I'll eat the 1-2 mph loss just so I can avoid a money pit...thx for any advice.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by czoltak View Post
    Read Julio's thread about his vxr build up....was entertaining conversation between him and green hulk...anyhow, green hulk mentioned a "mod" that was done to the r&d grate if u are still experiencing a loss of top speed,but that link has been expired or deleted. Anyone out there know what that extra mod was? I know from my own experiences and reading those of others that one mod leads to another then another. I just want the new grate for safety purposes and would like to keep my same top speed, but if no easy fix exists then I'll eat the 1-2 mph loss just so I can avoid a money pit...thx for any advice.
    That mod was for the pro 2 Grate from R&D. You don't need it. The aquavein is a great product, the modded Riva I have is only like 0.7 — 0.9 mph slower on mine.

+1
    get the R&D grate and yes in most threads 1 mod leads to another mod but some of the mods are so mild that all you're doing is say im shimming the ride plate.I don't know if that's been done on the skii that you purchased but it's very easy and it will help with gaining a little bit of the speed back that you might lose by purchasing the R&D

+1
    The aquavein is a great product, the modded Riva I have is only like 0.7 — 0.9 mph slower on mine.[/QUOTE]

will the Aquavein scrub less speed than the riva?

+1
    Great..Aquavein it is if I can do the shimming. That's what I was looking for. What kind of shimming should I do with the Aquavein? Thx guys

+1
    The intake grate shouldnt need shimming. The rideplate angle can be shimmed to gain a little speed. Yes the riva causes more speed loss but man does that grate hook up wicked!!!

+1
    Thanks again for the input. Can you give me a rough idea where to start when I shim the plate? I know each ski is a bit different, but some kind of starting point...ie. 2 in the back, 1 towards the front...etc.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information