Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    big john's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Cocoa Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,395
    +1
    598

    Oklawaha river west of Ocala Natl Forest, Marion Co, FL

    does anyone eher ever ride the Oklawaha river north of SR40 near the Ocala natl forest ???? looks like a decent ride with some pretty cool twisties, a few of us want to try a ride up there sometime soon


  2. #2
    Dscunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Cape Coral
    Posts
    59
    +1
    1
    I wouldn't mind tagging along if i wasn't so far away ( Cape Coral )

  3. #3
    83Gator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    St. Amant, LA
    Posts
    6,018
    +1
    304
    Big John, check just past mid-way on this page: http://pwctrailfinder.com/FloridaPWCTrailRides.html I've got a track for a length of the Owhacky and then into the St. J and north for lunch and fuel. Hope this helps.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southern Florida
    Posts
    5,589
    +1
    345
    Rode this last October, lots of fun. It's a short trail but tight. Just watch for the few stumps along the way.

    http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=2348248

  5. #5
    watch for MONKEYS TOO...im not kiddin...i spent my high school years living in blowcala...years ago monkeys were at silver springs attraction and ran the river for miles...one of my favorite memories of them was early one morning just before daybreak while out squirell hunting...i was sitting down at the base of a big tree and had a whole tribe of them come thru...they were way up high in the tree tops going from tree to tree at a hell of a pace...kinda scared me at first until i realized what it was....oh yeah...dont try to feed them if they are still there...for a 20 pound lil fur ball they more than carry their own weight in the ass whoopin dept....had a buddy hand feedin one and tried to grab him...ate his ass up and trip to e.r. for stitches and rabies shots....as far as the river...watch for submerged logs that will occasionally appear but usually the locals are good about clearing them or marking them....sorry big john...no long straight aways for ya to open that beast of yours up but lots of twistys....and if you get too deep in the river swamp and hear banjos...my advice...turn around...haaa...some of the locals are...well, the movie DELIVERANCE says it best...have fun

  6. #6
    83Gator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    St. Amant, LA
    Posts
    6,018
    +1
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOdude View Post
    Rode this last October, lots of fun. It's a short trail but tight. Just watch for the few stumps along the way.

    http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=2348248
    Dang, Eric - you've got some stuff I've never seen on Every Trail. I'd like to download some and add them to my site - is that an issue for you?

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southern Florida
    Posts
    5,589
    +1
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool69 View Post
    watch for MONKEYS TOO...im not kiddin...i spent my high school years living in blowcala...years ago monkeys were at silver springs attraction and ran the river for miles...one of my favorite memories of them was early one morning just before daybreak while out squirell hunting...i was sitting down at the base of a big tree and had a whole tribe of them come thru...they were way up high in the tree tops going from tree to tree at a hell of a pace...kinda scared me at first until i realized what it was....oh yeah...dont try to feed them if they are still there...for a 20 pound lil fur ball they more than carry their own weight in the ass whoopin dept....had a buddy hand feedin one and tried to grab him...ate his ass up and trip to e.r. for stitches and rabies shots....as far as the river...watch for submerged logs that will occasionally appear but usually the locals are good about clearing them or marking them....sorry big john...no long straight aways for ya to open that beast of yours up but lots of twistys....and if you get too deep in the river swamp and hear banjos...my advice...turn around...haaa...some of the locals are...well, the movie DELIVERANCE says it best...have fun
    LOL. Yeah, heard about the monkeys but never saw any.

    Quote Originally Posted by 83Gator View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOdude View Post
    Rode this last October, lots of fun. It's a short trail but tight. Just watch for the few stumps along the way.

    http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=2348248
    Dang, Eric - you've got some stuff I've never seen on Every Trail. I'd like to download some and add them to my site - is that an issue for you?
    Help yourself Billy, that's what they are there for

  8. #8
    big john's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Cocoa Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,395
    +1
    598
    niether one of those are the section im talking about, im wanting to put in at the silver springs Ray Wayside Park and ride north along the Ocala Natl Forest, up into lake Ocklawaha, looks like some fune tristies to run,

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southern Florida
    Posts
    5,589
    +1
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by big john View Post
    niether one of those are the section im talking about, im wanting to put in at the silver springs Ray Wayside Park and ride north along the Ocala Natl Forest, up into lake Ocklawaha, looks like some fune tristies to run,
    It does look interesting. I know you can't ride in Lake Ocklawaha cause its full of grass and weeds. Look up Bill Hills on FB from Treasure Coast Watercraft Riders. He might know.

  10. #10
    big john's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Cocoa Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,395
    +1
    598
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOdude View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by big john View Post
    niether one of those are the section im talking about, im wanting to put in at the silver springs Ray Wayside Park and ride north along the Ocala Natl Forest, up into lake Ocklawaha, looks like some fune tristies to run,
    It does look interesting. I know you can't ride in Lake Ocklawaha cause its full of grass and weeds. Look up Bill Hills on FB from Treasure Coast Watercraft Riders. He might know.
    thanks Eric, i can see by google maps its prob prtetty chocked off by weeds, but maybe some fun on that river section

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 79
    Last Post: 06-07-2016, 10:20 AM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-06-2013, 01:07 PM
  3. FS Feeler: 2004 3d doo needs a little work...west of chicago
    By qwikbusa in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-06-2011, 07:29 PM
  4. Riding the Raritian River end of Sept/Oct
    By jetdave56 in forum Jersey Riders
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-15-2010, 06:41 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-20-2010, 02:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •