Any riders in SW-Florida area willing to help service for $$?

Hey guys, been browsing the forum since a couple of months absorbing a lot of the info and tidbits. Since then I bought an 05 rxt that appears to be in very good condition.

I am getting ready to try and change the oil on my own as well as the oil filter. But while I am at it I think it might be smart to change the ceramic clutch washers to metal as well as change sparks and maybe more.

I think I can handle the oil change, but now with getting into the s/c clutch and more I would really want to see someone else who has experience on this show me through it. Obviously, I would be willing to compensate you appropriately for your time. The dealer/servicer in my area from what I have seen thus far isnt the brightest, and I really like getting to know how my toys work so I prefer to do this myself.

I am located in the Naples area, please email or pm if you are interested.

If you are comfortable taking the supercharger out of the ski(only three bolts hold it on) but not comfortable with replaceing the clutch washers, then send it to Jerry for service-Check out this link.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21550

thanks hoops, i saw that post but wasn't sure the involvement in getting the supercharger out.

i am much more of a visual person and most of the people posting here use text to identify and explain parts. anyone know of a post with pics showing how to take out the supercharger even though it is only 3 bolts?

found the link to removing the sc right here:
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13403

i will look at this today and see what i can do on my own. i guess i just dont want to f anything up

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by acesea View Post
    thanks hoops, i saw that post but wasn't sure the involvement in getting the supercharger out.

i am much more of a visual person and most of the people posting here use text to identify and explain parts. anyone know of a post with pics showing how to take out the supercharger even though it is only 3 bolts?
    you're in luck...we've got a "how to" section

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13403

Spent some more time looking through the engine compartment as well as searching the forum and it seems that I will bring the seadoo to a local guy who's changed oil on these machines before (not dealer).
    The oil suction from the dipstick seems easy, but I can't even figure out where the heck the filter sits lol. I think for my own sake I am going to insist to see him do this service and next time this will be a piece of cake.

I was going to start another thread, but since this one is service related.. I've got a feeling my rxt's ceramic washers may in fact be dieing.
    I've been out of town for a while and when I got here the seadoos battery was in very bad condition, the seadoo would hardly start. After charging it the seadoo would operate very roughly, and the response was bad. The throttle response was awful and it would knock consistently. Since then, I have hooked up an electronic battery reconditioner and ran the desulfate pulse mode a couple of times.

The battery is running MUCH nicer, almost perfect now, but I still get the ski knocking every now and then when still warming up. After riding for say 10min it rides smooth, but the first minutes are bad.
    This s/c clutch issue has got me thinking that maybe instead of what seems to be knocking to me, might in fact be symptoms of the washers in the s/c unit.

I've read other threads describing clutch death symptoms but I can't pinpoint thats what I am getting. As soon as I find someone, or get the balls and equipment, to uninstall the s/c and send it to Jerry I will. But in the meantime, I don't know if I should stay of the rxt because of a dieing clutch.

Reiterating, now w/ a revived battery the rxt sometimes fires not too smooth upon startup for the first 10 or so minutes. There are times that when out in the open saltwater after 15 minutes going say 30-40 mph the engine seems like it is knocking or misfiring and the rpms fall a lot.. i let off on the throttle and then after a few seconds I am able to accelerate again. After riding for 30minutes or so, all this disappears and they ride flawless. Very good response, no lag in rpms, just nice. Does this sound like s/c clutch issue, or is it just time for change of plugs, oil, and filter?

Lol, sorry for the long post.

Thread Information