Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gp1200r top speed only 58 help pics of intake maybe ???

Hey guys just picked up a ski 2001gp1200r compression checked out at 115 with my crappy advanced guage , middle cylinder was 80 psi before I realized battery was not fully chargers once charged it read 115 , took the power valve covers off and although they were sludges a bit the hAd clips installed already and worked like they should , next I ran ski in water sounds like a slipping clutch at take off (cavitation ) once water took on jet ski shot ran wonderful all day except top speed only 58 max. Can instake gasket be the cause ??? Here is a pic of it hanging Down impeller is shinny no nicks and seems fine any thoughts on something I am missing 160 hrs d plate and pre mix running at 45:1 for saftey on first run
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	329111   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	171 
Size:	77.3 KB 
ID:	329112   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	114 
Size:	106.5 KB 
ID:	329113  

+1
    Had the same problem on my raider 760 a few days ago. Grate lost 4 of 6 bolts....hanging down in the back, a piece broke and went thru my pump, no damage though. It's like dragging a parachute thru the water. And yes, it will cause the pump to cavitate. Be sure to put blue loctite on the bolts.

+1
    Maybe somebody else can chime in here. That hole shouldn't be there at the ride plate. Something is missing or broken. That will definitely be causing your cavitation AND loss of top speed.

+1
    I would tend to agree....it would appear something is amiss with the ride plate.
    The gasket hanging down should be a concern, it is maybe an indication of something not aligned. if it were me, I would remove the intake grate and the pump shoe. Make sure everything there is properly located.
    Then with the shoe out of the way look back to the rideplate and examine it.
    maybe something is loose or missing....
    As a last item, remove the ride plate....reinstall it...take your time, then reinstall the pump shoe and intake grate....take your time.
    Make sure everything lines back up.

Also while ya got he shoe apart.....do a cavity fill.
    You might even think about replacing the grate too....

+1
    Looks to be a solas impeller you have, yes your ride plate was probobly taken off and not put on right, what does the other side look like? if a peice is broken off, do to inproper installing it back on, time for an aftermarket one,

I am taking our newborn for a check up tomorrow when I get back ill take the intake grate off and see about the pump housing and if I can find something amiss !! Ill be In touch

+1
    Ride plate is correct... I think its just the angle of the pic with the light shining thru

Black stuff coming out is the seal between the pump shoe and transom... its blown out, and from the pic it looks like the shoe is below the hull in the rear

Ok make sense cause I looked under there and the ride plate does not seem to affect pump area , pump gasket blown out would this cause any issue ? Also what's the easiest way to replace take ride plate off intake grate ? Make my own with 5200 or order new gasket ?

After taking most everything out I had a stripped bolt I had to go inside and vice grip to remove will re glue later I found a large chunk missing from the pump are what do I do now ?? Impeller looks good still where do I go from here ???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Views:	120 
Size:	86.6 KB 
ID:	329319   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	87 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	329320  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jvislawncare View Post
    Ok make sense cause I looked under there and the ride plate does not seem to affect pump area , pump gasket blown out would this cause any issue ? Also what's the easiest way to replace take ride plate off intake grate ? Make my own with 5200 or order new gasket ?
    shoe/transom seal will cause major cavitation

I just use 5200 fast cure to seal it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information