Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

things got worse with the tigershark ts1000

engine at hight speeds randomly just shuts off like as if you hit the kill switch...( so not like it was doing before.. where i could tell it was starting to stall) it just shuts off. the starter wouldn't kick over very well. sounded like a laser gun "beew". let it sit for 10 min and then it kicked over and ran but just shut off 3 more times on way in. then i haulled as$ into the marina so i wouldn't get suck.. and idling in it cutting out it stayed running but each time it cut out it felt like it jerked. i'm dumbfounded. i guess i'll start with new spark plugs. and carb rebuilds. but i i have a sneaking suspicion that aint it... its part of the problem but now causing the symptoms i was speaking off.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by stixx925 View Post
    engine at hight speeds randomly just shuts off like as if you hit the kill switch...( so not like it was doing before.. where i could tell it was starting to stall) it just shuts off. the starter wouldn't kick over very well. sounded like a laser gun "beew". let it sit for 10 min and then it kicked over and ran but just shut off 3 more times on way in. then i haulled as$ into the marina so i wouldn't get suck.. and idling in it cutting out it stayed running but each time it cut out it felt like it jerked. i'm dumbfounded. i guess i'll start with new spark plugs. and carb rebuilds. but i i have a sneaking suspicion that aint it... its part of the problem but now causing the symptoms i was speaking off.
    Possibly sounds like your motor is seizing, then cooling then getting hot n seizing again..could be fuel related, carbs or oil related.

So you are saying rebuild carbs. Should a run a my gas 100:1 itlle run rich in pairing with the oil pump.

+1
    Im saying you need to look at your pistons and see if was seizing, there will be skid marks on the side of the pistons. Def rebuild/tune carbs, but could be oil pump, air leak etc. Your lucky it didnt go boom! Im not a tigershark guy, but 2 strokes were my game. Too much oil is no good either, test the oil pump and make sure its working.

+1
    Looked at your other posts, def rebuild carbs like others sed. They are prob clogged and running lean causing the seizure it only seizes a lil then explodeds, Dont Ride it ANYMORE till you clean the fuel system and carbs. I like to put a lil inline filter before the carbs on the gas line to keep the carbs extra clean.

there is an inline filter before going to the pump just replaced it last week. but ill rebuild them this week... also gonna check the electrical... that could cause the kill switch effect too. as for oil pump i know its working filled my oil tank up and its talking the oil, ski smokes when it runs, like 2 strokes do.

found problem i was looking at plugs first was wet, middle was black and rough very rough, last looked ok. just black.. mi checked PSI front was good at 135 middle was 15, last was 140. this might have happend when it stopped first time but because the front and last were ok it still ran... i looked in cyl through spark plug hole it looked chard.
    Last edited by stixx925; 05-15-2014 at 02:30 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by stixx925 View Post
    found problem i was looking at plugs first was wet, middle was black and rough very rough, last looked ok. just black.. mi checked PSI front was good at 135 middle was 15, last was 140. this might have happend when it stopped first time but because the front and last were ok it still ran... i looked in cyl through spark plug hole it looked chard.
    middle is 15?

+1
    if you can post pics of the middle spark plug, rough meaning did it have metal bits on it?

yes middle is 15psi i double checked it, and its very dry.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00564.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	329492

I will need a TS alignment tool, cuz its very different then Kawasakis that i can do alignment with an old piston pin.
    Last edited by stixx925; 05-15-2014 at 05:02 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information