Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Who is running the Riva Vi-PEC ECU?

Before Anyone says go MoTeC.. Plan was to go MoTeC, and had even ordered it and all the parts (Well I had thought it was all the parts) but had it cancelled when I was informed that in addition to the $180 GPS and $60 wire loom to hook up the motec GPS I also now needed to spend another $310 for an adapter so that it would work with motecs own m130 ECU. So that extra $300 was enough for me to say enough is enough. At that point I added it all up: $3450 for ECU, $563 for LTC, $150 for sensor for LTC, $180 for GPS, $60 for GPS wiring and then $310 for adapter to use GPS came out to over $4700 basically 1/3 the price of the ski. And let me also say MoTeC needs to get its shit together and put together a website that lists actual useful info. Its almost impossible to find out what supports what and what is needed to utilize said options. I talked with 3 MoTeC dealers and got conflicting info, Jerry was able to give me the clearest picture on what was needed and even he did not know about the extra adapter being needed for the GPS till submitting the order.

So I am now searching for a better option. The V88r with the Dash logger seems to do the same as the MoTec. The Dash logger has GPS builtin with data logging, and the wideband option is only $250 with the 02 sensor included, so for the price of just the M130 I get the ecu, data logger w/gps and AF monitoring. Jerry says the updated Vi-PEC for the SVHO should be out in a couple weeks but I figured a few must be running the current version on the SHO's.

Anyone have any issues with them? anything to watch out for?

+1
    Kristian with the fx is using it I believe. He ran 82 with a competeyl stock ski except a ride plate.

+1
    Kristian is running athena! Scott rice is running vipec

+1
    There is a V88R"3", which is supposed to be released soon. Not sure what the upgrades/improvements will be. But I REALLY hope they will now support Cruise & No Wake modes, for the FX models.

Does anyone have any experience with how well the Vi-pec handles RPM spikes (over/under), compared to the Motec M130 or stock ECU?

5. +1 by:

+1
    Yes the new version is the one that will support the SVHO, I am also hoping it supports the no wake mode as my plan it to add it to my FZR. Damn Manatee zones

+1
    I run the first V88 Vipec and have used it for 4 years now mine has worked perfect the V88R did not use the balck box as the original plus it had a rolling log feature the V88 would only log the first 10 runs which kinda sucks but they are sold out of the V88R (someone was smart enough to buy the remaining units), they are testing a new version which will have a few more features (not 100% what they are so cant say) in my opinion the Vipec is the only way to go if you want to do YOUR OWN TUNING it gives you all the controll you need BUT do not expect someone to do it for you you must learn the system and how to use it. A stand alone ECU gives you the controll over most all functions of your ski and yes they have the same safe gaurds in place, Rev limiters, limp modes for over heating ETC. With the lower cost of the Vipec it the one I chose to run and can be ordered right here in the store you will just have to wait a few more weeks on the new version

+1
    Just some FYI for everyone. I wired in my innovate LM2 to my Motec M130. You do not have to buy the LTC. You do have to by the upgraded data logging package to run an external lambada setup that's not the LTC. Also remember with the Motec world class professional tuning and help is only a phone call away. Your just not gonna get the expert help that comes with Motec from Vipec. I've also used both the Vipec and Motec software and there is no comparison whatsoever. Motec software is superior in all aspects. Remember your not just buying an ECM. Your buying the tuning software that comes with it as well.

9. +1 by:

The most interesting man in the world. Nils888's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentShooter View Post
    Yes the new version is the one that will support the SVHO, I am also hoping it supports the no wake mode as my plan it to add it to my FZR. Damn Manatee zones
    Motec already has No wake and cruse control. And works on the SVHO.

+1
    I tried ordering the motec but cancelled it when you told jerry I needed another adapter that cost $300 to be able to use the gps. That was the straw that broke the camels back
    Last edited by SilentShooter; 05-14-2014 at 06:19 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shhr View Post
    I run the first V88 Vipec and have used it for 4 years now mine has worked perfect the V88R did not use the balck box as the original plus it had a rolling log feature the V88 would only log the first 10 runs which kinda sucks but they are sold out of the V88R (someone was smart enough to buy the remaining units), they are testing a new version which will have a few more features (not 100% what they are so cant say) in my opinion the Vipec is the only way to go if you want to do YOUR OWN TUNING it gives you all the controll you need BUT do not expect someone to do it for you you must learn the system and how to use it. A stand alone ECU gives you the controll over most all functions of your ski and yes they have the same safe gaurds in place, Rev limiters, limp modes for over heating ETC. With the lower cost of the Vipec it the one I chose to run and can be ordered right here in the store you will just have to wait a few more weeks on the new version
    Shiiiit shiiit is this true RIVA don't have the v88r in stock any more??
    And i thinking to order a v88r on this friday waf.
    Thanks
    Thomas Wester

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information