Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    +1

First project with the hulk

We'll I'm getting ready to start a 94 sl project . This ski is going to get the famous sea lion 92 dry piped 780 I already have met some of the local hulk talent and filled in most of the part list for this build , with a little luck I might make my goal of 55 mph
    parts : op ride plate
    Solas intake grate
    785 cdi
    44 mm carbs are in transit
    785 case and manifold
    785 read cage and carbon tech reads
    Op head
    87 mm nozzle
    Ex pump
    Going to rec . Port cylinders
    Stock bore
    92 dry pipe
    Aftermarket water box that was on my old 92 650
    I'm starting to night with the e box we'll see how this goes

+1

+1
    Thanks for the help I printed that thread and a wiring dia . For the 785 everything went good , I have a 650 box and didn't like how the cdi fit so I used a bottom from the 750 box removing the board and making a aluminum plate witch I bolted the cdi box to so it can't move around then riveted the plate down we're the board was , had to drill out the threads of the 750 box and use the threads from the 650 s top so they now bolt together with the I ring rather than a gasket . Not using the mfd instead I'm using a tach from a 96 storm analog gage and manual trim with a drop nozzle so no need of the board and all external wiring dun through weather pack plugs ( stater , start stop ) that's it nice and clean no fuel gage may be a problem we will see 44 's I hear can be a little thirsty ? All and all I'm happy with the outcome thanks for your input need all the help I can get plus it's cool just shooting ideas back and forth so keep the input coming thanks

+1
    If anyone is thinking of using the weather PAC plugs for the stater I used 2 plugs instead of one bigger one smaller plugs seal better than 1 big one so I used 1 pico 4 pin kit #2177 -14 which comes with both male and female connectors and pico # 2161 -14 which is a 3 pin kit now that takes care of the stater since I'm only using a kill switch and a starter switch I used pico # 2159-14 which is a 2 pin male and female kit I flipped the plugs on the starter and kill switch so they can't get mixed up worked out good now I can service or remove the motor without opening the box , now the pliers you need are Mac tools # tct1028 these pliers crimp like the factory , on these pins there's 3 crimps the first 2 are for the bare wire and the last one crimps the plugs end seal to the insulating sheathing of the wire now a little electrical grease on the pins my e box is now complete

+1
    Moving on to the hull it's bin road hard and put away wet almost no jell coat left around the intake grate area ,so off comes the stickers and pick up some west systems repair this will take some time the skis at my father in laws so I can't just go and work on it when I have a little time it's a production to get there might have to take it to work and do it during lunch witch cuts into porting time almost finished making templates for the ports bin awhile let's see if I still have it most of my experience was with snowmobiles and street bikes jet skis seam to be ported for lower rpms so this the low roof on the exhast port see why the 785 uses a power valve this lets you have the best of both worlds going to have one in the future finish this project first

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by rpa101 View Post
    If anyone is thinking of using the weather PAC plugs for the stater I used 2 plugs instead of one bigger one smaller plugs seal better than 1 big one so I used 1 pico 4 pin kit #2177 -14 which comes with both male and female connectors and pico # 2161 -14 which is a 3 pin kit now that takes care of the stater since I'm only using a kill switch and a starter switch I used pico # 2159-14 which is a 2 pin male and female kit I flipped the plugs on the starter and kill switch so they can't get mixed up worked out good now I can service or remove the motor without opening the box , now the pliers you need are Mac tools # tct1028 these pliers crimp like the factory , on these pins there's 3 crimps the first 2 are for the bare wire and the last one crimps the plugs end seal to the insulating sheathing of the wire now a little electrical grease on the pins my e box is now complete

I didn't want to spring for the crimp tool, so I just used pliers to sort of crimp them and then I soldered the wires to the pins. Worked out great and didn't have to spend the outrageous price for the crimp tool.

+1
    Ya unfortunately i need them for work so had to have them no chose your way works great I think the pliers were $ 20.00 can. 10 years ago if I didn't have them solder is the answer thanks for your input need more of it so don't stop for this is my first jet ski build only did repairs to keep them going before

+1
    Managed to get the stickers off one side today wasn't much fun heat gun and a wooden scraper hopefully I can have the other side of by the weekend this hull is chipped up bad someone really didn't care for it my old 92 hull is in way better shape should of used this one for parts and fixed the 92? To late now o we'll nothing I can't fix

+1
    After looking at my e box all together I didn't like how big the 750 box is so I remove everything and put it in the 92 650 box ya that's the answer nice and small . My carb kits came in today omg there not cheep when you need 3 even jets were up their at 3.50 each for lows and 5.00 each for highs and I might have to do this a couple of times until I get a good wash you want to play u have to pay

+1
    Didn't find the time over the weekend to get the rest of the stickers off but did get some jets and ultra sonic washed the carbs it did however take some paint off going to have some touch up after the rebuilds done

Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information