2006 RXP Blown Supercharger... How to check the engine for debris?

So I just picked up an 06 RXP from a dealer who said it had a few issues. I got it for a good enough price so I didnt look at it. I took it for a watertest and immediately noticed the supercharger wasn't working, pulled it out and it was seized and missing one washer. Pulled the pump and filter and I found most of the fragments if not all of them. I'm not sure what the next step is....I checked the compression, all cylinders are very close to 120. Do I have to tear down the engine or I have heard of people flushing it but I'm not sure what is involved in this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Banned User
    +1
    You pulled the front pump? The rear pump is IN the PTO, and its best to remove the motor to get it off and inspect the oil pumps...

Quote Originally Posted by poplawchuk View Post
    So I just picked up an 06 RXP from a dealer who said it had a few issues. I got it for a good enough price so I didnt look at it. I took it for a watertest and immediately noticed the supercharger wasn't working, pulled it out and it was seized and missing one washer. Pulled the pump and filter and I found most of the fragments if not all of them. I'm not sure what the next step is....I checked the compression, all cylinders are very close to 120. Do I have to tear down the engine or I have heard of people flushing it but I'm not sure what is involved in this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Its Only a days work to remove the engine and pull both pumps and the PTO cover to determine the damage the washer has done. carefully inspect the timing chain too. Those floating shardes of the old supercharger washer is now broken like glass. it will destroy the pump hsgs & oil pump gears quickly..

The Rear PTO cover Pump Gears and Hsg is your Main Engine Oil Pump. Inspect the hsg for deep grooves where the supercharger washer broken parts have passed thru the gears.. Where are you located? If you have not removed a SEADOO engine before. try to leave the motor mount bolts alone. Just remove the Bolts in the center of the engine mounts. (8mm hex head bolt) You will disturb the engine & driveline alignment less.

+1
    oh dear, let me see um yes this sucks as I just went though this, Pull motor send SC off to Jerry for full rebuild hes the best, Replace front and back oil pumps, lets hope there not alot of scoring on oil pump housing walls or you will be replacing those, get back to us when you pulled motor and found out damge, may have to replace Flyweel, due to chipped teeth, Timming chain, what are the Numbers on your exhaust valves? yes your in for a long week my friend.by removing motor you screw with alingment and moter when replaced will have to be aligned again $200 tool

Thread Information