+1

2006 vx hydraulic locks with oil

I just put a 2006 vx in the lake on the trailer and started it it smokes bad for a minute then hydraulic locks with oil in the cylinders wtf?? It ran fine on the trailer before putting in the water, don't know if this thing was winterized...where does water get trapped in these??

+1
    It locks up with oil or water in the cyclinders? I am assuming you are pulling the plugs and turning it over to remove the water. If it wasnt winterized you could have broken the block with water freezing. It runs on the trailer fine because its not getting any water to cool it. Someone else will chime in on where to start. A compression test would be a good start point. Oh do all cylinders have water in them?

+1
    cylinders were locked with oil pulled plugs pumped alot of oil out cleaned plugs found its over full of oil and the intake tube from the airbox is full of oil also being the reason it locked when backed down the boatramp that oil just drained into the intake until it died and filled the cylinders in the process now of removing the airbox to dump that oil and clean it will keep ya posted on this repair the guy said it ran fine last year just needs the battery charged still trying to figure out how the oil got into the airbox

+1
    Good luck with the fix. Not sure what too much oil would do for you. Obviously not anything good yet. I finally get to go ride for the first time this weekend at Table rock fun fun. Hope you get yours going too.

+1
    only way seen that is by over filling oil,but have never heard of it hydrolocking motor

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post
    only way seen that is by over filling oil,but have never heard of it hydrolocking motor
    something is blocked and back pressure is pushing oil into the cylinders. You have to have some serious oil going in to lock it up. Almost like it was just pouring int. The bad smoke then locking up is a clue though.

+1
    I pulled over a quart out of the oil reservoir before it was down to the full mark on dipstick, i dumped about a quart from the airbox, then tipped the ski up high in the front and about a quart ran out from the exhaust....I called the old guy and asked him who serviced it last and he said his grandson changed the oil last fall prior to storing it....so looks like he forgot to drain the old oil before putting in the new oil...long story short new air filter run it until it quits burning the excess oil off and the replace the spark plugs and the thing is going to be lake ready once again I should have checked the oil level first, but was going on the info that it was just changed sooo!!! I really dislike 4-strokes the oil belongs in the gas!!!

+1
    someone filled it with oil after not checking it properly i would say, those have a dry sump system and its allowed to sit and drain into the sump, it will read low, i believe...

+1
    If a little oil is good then a lot must be really good.

NNNOOOTTT

Thread Information