Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vts question

+1

Vts question

Just picked up a 09 RXP, 63hrs. The VTS is not working. Key in, hit button and it's not moving. The gauge displays the trim. The fuse is good but it's a 15 instead of the stock 7.5. Also the battery was fairly low so I'm putting a new one in.

any ideas?

+1
    be sure the fuse is the right one, never a good sign when a fuse was put in thats not the right one, check both conections in bac of ski to VTS, if still not working take cover off VTS disconect the two main wires that go to VTS motor and conect 2 jumper wires to the motor and conect to your battery swapping + or - will lower or raise trim, if it works then take to a dealer to have them turn it on or you can spend $400 and by a candoo and do it yourself, hope this helps.

+1
    on a similar note, does anyone really use the trim?

disclaimer: this is no way means I won't get it working..

+1
    Having trim isn't a life or death thing. I have a 13 px and i only use it to wave jump. Put it all the way in the up position and you're literally flying. Depends on the water you like to ride in. Trim is pointless if you're a lake rider but it can be everything if you ride in chop a lot.

+1
    lmao, it's a window lift motor. OMG, who thought that would last in a marine environment.

anywho, I found it back there after removing the coolant tank. I can hear it click both ways but it's not doing anything. Guess it needs to be pulled.

any trick to getting this guy out of down there?

+1
    That didn't take long, lol

Took the cover off and the wires have been cut/disconnected. I guess what I heard clicking is the relay. I can see a little evidence of water/dirt in the there. Guess it's time to pull this little guy out.

the relays control the motor. You need to check the voltage going to the motor thru the relays. The up -down relays are in the black box and are a common problem........ motor will be too if water has come thru the rear boot. Not uncommon to see the motor work hot wired... But your relays must be working to know where to stop up & down.. Seadoo dropped the ball on this VTS Module item.... Way over engineered.....

+1
    ok, so something is going on here. Motor works on the battery alone like it should. No corrosion or signs of anything water related.

I put the motor in the ski and it only goes 1-way. Clicks on the up switch. Pulled motor, still only clicks on the up. I pulled the motor back out and a long threaded rod came out. Has about 1.5 of straight shaft after the threads.

Can someone give me a rundown on how this is to be reinstalled or is it broken?

+1
    it's the worm gear and it looks like normal save for the tip of the starting thread is slightly broken.

+1
    I'm going to try that Trimfix. Guy said that will fix my problem. who knows.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information