Rear Ballast system for 2014 fx cruiser SVHO 3 seater

Hey guys,

Just got two new fx cruiser SVHOs and i wanted to set one up for a little wakeboarding and wakeskating. I was looking into a ballast system that i could fill up and have a little wake behind the pwc. Anyone have any ideas?
    Also does anyone know of any retractable pylons that could work or fit on these, the higher your tow point the higher you can jump. I know you can tow from the eye but i wanted a higher lift.

all input appreciated, thank you.

+1
    the FXSVHO is big enough to cause a pretty bag wake without any help,

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP215DUDE View Post
    Hey guys,

Just got two new fx cruiser SVHOs and i wanted to set one up for a little wakeboarding and wakeskating. I was looking into a ballast system that i could fill up and have a little wake behind the pwc. Anyone have any ideas?
    Also does anyone know of any retractable pylons that could work or fit on these, the higher your tow point the higher you can jump. I know you can tow from the eye but i wanted a higher lift.

all input appreciated, thank you.
    Ex wakeboarder/wakeskater here. Get a wakeboard/ski boat you will never be happy behind a jetski nor the driver of the jetski trying to pull the wakeboarder/wakeskater. JMO

Ok, thanks for the replies. I have not actually had the chance to take it out yet, I am just doing some research ahead. The nice thing is that it has the cruise control making it easy to tow wakeboarders.

Would i need to custom Fabricate and ski pylon? or are there any brands out there.

+1
    Try to Google "Spot-N-Tow". Not sure if one is made for the FX, but maybe could rig one up.

Wakeboard speed for me is about 22 mph depend on boat and wake. Try running your ski at that speed and then pull a wakeboarder behind tugging on the ski. I mean you can do it, its just not that great. I did it a few times with a GTX than sold my skis and bought a DD skiboat in 99. I missed my skis so I bought somemore skis a couple years later.

The ski will be fine, if all you are going to do is fool around once in while on a board/skate.

I have a 08 FX SHO and up wakeboard behind it but as far as jumping wake and getting air. Not great for that, I think a tall pylon on the back of the ski would help with getting a little air but there's really no comparison to boarding behind a ski boat designed to do just that. Love to know if you find something and how it works

Thread Information