Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

finally i raced an ultra

ok well today( my first ride of the season) i raced an ultra. first impressions are its huge i like what its looks in the water and it handles great.o and it runs out of gas rather quick.

so it started with me putting my ski in the river. i forgot my gps so i was rather disappointed.it only being 50 today i figured nobody else would be on the water. i was wrong. at the dock was a 07 ultra. very nice. so we got to talking about mods ect. apparently he was a vetran of pwc and modded his own ride plate and addded a custom wedge. stock gps was around 64 and after was around 68. i let my ski warm up for 5-10 mins and then set out. great to back in the water. today the acceleration was really there and i good feel that topend was a bit flat(stale gas im hoping) anywasy after messing around awhile he asked to race for a comparison. i had nothing to loose. so we raced down and up river. 10-12 times in all. each time we launched he had me from id say 0- plain then i would skeak by him and pull him by 2-3 length and then slow pull father at top end. this was with current. against was completely different. i would pull him 0-topend by atleast 5-10 lengths. it was like racing a 12f. all i have to say is those hulls plow.

so my ranting i done. heres the real reason i posted this. he said next weekend he would be out again. this time with an impellar, re routed water lines and a new pulley on the SC. any idea how good it will go after that. dont want to test my luck. also how much is left in the SC setup.

Been around for years...seen it all Kawi-Guy's Avatar
    +1
    Must be that waxed hull you have !!

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    LMAO!!!!!!

that waxed hull bit is actually a joke between me and a few other 15f owners in regards to seadoos owners opinions on 67+ 15fs. misconstrue my story as you will, its your opinion on the valitity of my expierence. but i didnt intend to post a mines bigger post rather one telling my expierience and asking a question on ultra mods. if you guys dont believe me it shouldnt dictate answers on the mods themselves. so answers for that are much appreatiated. if we want to start pointless shots at each others machine at least my 15f goes more then 50 miles on a tank.well lets just get back to the pulley,impellar and water lines.

hey I'll take a few shots since some others have..

The reason they took shots at you is because they have no clue about what those mods will do for an Ultra..

Thumbs down

When i raced my 04' 15F Kawi vs my 05' RXT stock vs stock for the first time i pulled more than 5 skis lenght to the 15F from dead stop, we raced the skis 5 times and it was the same thing race after race, the kawi was showin 50 hours and the RXT only 2 hours still in break-in, so after reading this info all i can say is that i am not impresed with this new 250X 250HP performance, i bet that i can give them a 5 skis start with my moded RXT and pass by them like if there were standing still in less than 10 seconds!!!

honestly ive left other sites because of these pissing matches. i was just sharing some info. i learned from another vet of the pwc. if we want to keep the majority stuck in the "i can get 2 mph out of a wedge and plate" state of mind then fine. if we do then we wont see too many 70+ ultras around like we do RXTs thats fine for me as i ride a 15f. but if we want to keep the thought that kawi put one up on seadoo then its time to think out of the box. sticking to just nose up mods wont work. its time to do pitches,pulleys, hull blueprinting ect. dont think im an ultra hater either before 2 weeks ago the 15f was going towards a blue ultra.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1

Available items

When we get those items availble with some knowledge of how they will work on the 250, we will make progress, we are just working with what we have for now, yes I know there are pulleys available and a few other items, but they havent been tested and if they have no one is sharing the info, just give it time, I have run 70.6 on less than $500.00, What would $500.00 get you on any other ski? Besides a damn fine wax job,lol.Its a brand new ski, give it time.By the way I just picked up a 2006 15f myself.(left over from last year)
    Last edited by Aquaholic6801; 03-28-2007 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250 Tn View Post
    I have run 70.6 on less than $500.00,

What would $500.00 get you on any other ski? Besides a damn fine wax job,lol.Its a brand new ski, give it time.
    Impressive. It's nice seeing you guys progress everyday with the 250X.

Well this really isn't a fair comparisson since the RXP has been out since 2004, and people have found many cheap ways to gain speed since then, but for $500 I could get an RXP close to 75mph. However that is on some used parts also. You 250X owners don't have that luxury yet since it has been out like 3 months now.

Quote Originally Posted by RXPkid View Post
    Impressive. It's nice seeing you guys progress everyday with the 250X.

Well this really isn't a fair comparisson since the RXP has been out since 2004, and people have found many cheap ways to gain speed since then, but for $500 I could get an RXP close to 75mph. However that is on some used parts also. You 250X owners don't have that luxury yet since it has been out like 3 months now.

Not to start a war, but if you can get an RXP close to 75 for $500 worth of used parts, why are you posting your only going 71 with well over $500 worth of parts?

If my assumption is incorrect, please guide me thru the $500 process as I have a buddy who would love to just spend $500 and go 75 plus or minus.

Steve

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information