DECISIONS. 2010 Yamaha WaveRunner FX SHO SuperCharged ..... is this a decent deal?

2010 Yamaha WaveRunner FX SHO SuperCharged with a trailer. 73 hours.... $8000

I love the idea of speed....... but ..... those SeaDoo superchargers scared me from going near them.

Then I hear you don't have to rebuild a Yamaha supercharger every 100hrs....... it's 1000 hrs.

the other one I'm looking at is a FX HO 2007 with 45 hours for $8000

I like maintenance free............I love speed............

what do u guys & gals think... and what's the TRUE story with Yamaha superchargers?
    Last edited by csrMark; 05-14-2014 at 08:52 PM. Reason: spelling error

West of Blue Mountains, Australia
    I like both those things too, when I bought both my supercharged skis I did so on the assumption that the superchargers would not require any additional maintenance compared to my NA ski (50 hour service interval not an issue as I don't do that much in a year anyway...).

The three provisos here were that both the SHO and SVHO had post 2013 clutches, I mostly ride on flat water and my only engine enhancement would be ribbon delete.

I don't have massive hours of proving yet but am confident I can have my cake and carve it up too, with no clutch issues unless I'm fairly unlucky... As I pointed out in a different thread recently, these things are indulgent, high performance toys - if you're going to be too sensible about the costs of keeping one, what's the point?

Any sort of warranty with that? You don't know where those 72 hours have been. Just skipping winterizing for a harsh year could have a very serious impact on it, but even then $8k seems a bit high. For $3k more you could probably get a 2013 SHO brand new. I'd pay careful attention to how well they took care of the ski, and even then you could probably talk them down a little bit.

Thread Information