Question virage 800i to 1200 carb

Just got my hands on a 1200 carb motor.. I've been wanting more power out of this ski since I built the motor last year and only see 47mph and need faster. Was wondering if anyone has done this swap and what I can and cannot use from the 800di that's in it right now . Can I use the motor mount bars? It has the fuel pump which was recently replaced can I somehow adapt that to feed the carbs? Can I use the stator and flywheel as I didn't get those with the motor... I know I need the header and exhaust tube but can I use the water box? I lm pretty sure I got a lead on a 1200 virage being parted out but am not sure if it's Di or carbed... any help is greatly appreciated!

Banned User
    +1
    You will need a lot. Stator and flywheel. Electrical box with cdi and coils. Modify the fuel pickup to work with carbs. Exhaust. Its not a cheap undertaking. It would be easier and cheaper to swap in a 1200 di motor. There you would just need the emm and exhaust.

damn I am hoping to recover some of the money by selling my 800 and computer which works perfectly fine.I am going to find out tomorrow if the garage that is being parted out is direct injected or carburated and try to just buy the whole thing from him as it has no title

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    You will need a lot. Stator and flywheel. Electrical box with cdi and coils. Modify the fuel pickup to work with carbs. Exhaust. Its not a cheap undertaking. It would be easier and cheaper to swap in a 1200 di motor. There you would just need the emm and exhaust.
    And three cylinder Ficht wire harness.

Change the jet pump impeller to match the stronger motor.

from what I can see those computers a very expensive and I would need injectors to match them

Banned User
    +1
    There is a member here who can match any injector to your EMM.

was wondering what to do about the motor mounts the molds are already there do I just drill in insert sim threaded sleeves?

So what does one do about tapping the motor mount threads? i recently picked up 2 no title skis one a 1200 genesis w/o electronics and a 2001 virage txi that wont stay running and now im debating on going carb or DI....

Thread Information