Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

V Tech Tune question

Ive been reading about the V-Tech Tune for months now.. Now that I have my 90HO 2up.. Im ready to Tune it.
    Couple questions:

1: Are there different tunes? or is it just one tune? If there are different tunes.. how do I know which one I should choose?

2: A local dealer is now tuning with the V Tech maptuner.. Cost is still $ 550.00 for the tuning credit and then $ 200.00 for the flash with their map tuner. For an extra $ 189.00 I could own then map tuner myself.. is there really a benefit to owning it yourself? Or should I save $ 189.00 for other upgrades?

Thanks in advance !

Chuckeb

I finally got ONE!!! ;) RXT-260-DOO's Avatar
    +1
    1: Yes, with the Spark, I believe any of the current tunes will work.

2: It is definitely worth buying it yourself. Like I said, there are different tunes that you can choose from so at any time, you can upload a different tune. New tunes will continue to come out so you would be able to upload them when they are available. Also, the tuner can read and clear codes. If your still under warranty, upload the stock tune, and take it in. I don't see why anyone would not want the tuner for all these reasons.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chucke.b View Post
    Ive been reading about the V-Tech Tune for months now.. Now that I have my 90HO 2up.. Im ready to Tune it.
    Couple questions:

1: Are there different tunes? or is it just one tune? If there are different tunes.. how do I know which one I should choose?

2: A local dealer is now tuning with the V Tech maptuner.. Cost is still $ 550.00 for the tuning credit and then $ 200.00 for the flash with their map tuner. For an extra $ 189.00 I could own then map tuner myself.. is there really a benefit to owning it yourself? Or should I save $ 189.00 for other upgrades?

Thanks in advance !

Chuckeb
    Hi, how are you getting on with your ski.....?

I have a 90hp 2 up and am really happy with it, have you been on a Spark that has been remapped ?

Not being funny, but is remapping a ski from 90 hp to just over 100bp really worth over $700 ?

How does all this remapping effect your warranty ?

Don,t get me wrong I would love to put a little more spark in my Spark, but if I can only get 10 or so hp for quite a lot of money I am not sure it is really worth it.

Would be nice if someone on here with a 90HO could let us know if a remap has made a big difference to acceleration top speed etc.

Anyway, when you get yours remapped please could you give us all an honest opinion on the extra power....

thanks and enjoy!

+1
    20 more HP on a 90 HP machine...for $700...why would it not be worth it? lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Q in Arizona View Post
    Now your talking !!

Is it really 20hp extra ? If it is I,m in......

Has anybody done it yet ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cat10 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Q in Arizona View Post
    Now your talking !!

Is it really 20hp extra ? If it is I,m in......

Has anybody done it yet ?
    As far as I know the tune takes it to 109 HP. "Everybody" has done it. lol Lots of threads on it.

Say what you want but It looks to me like a 2 mph gain tops without a lot of extra equipment. On Salt water I've only been able to max it out 2 times. It's rarely flat enough. That's a lot of $ per mph.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
    Say what you want but It looks to me like a 2 mph gain tops without a lot of extra equipment. On Salt water I've only been able to max it out 2 times. It's rarely flat enough. That's a lot of $ per mph.
    Yes the tune alone may not net you a lot of "mph" but I believe people who have been running an aftermarket tune are not just after top speed gains... If it helps the overall powerband like others have confirmed I would think it's worth it but to each his own.

9. +1 by:

+1
    It's more bottom and mid range gain .. Line a stock and a tuned and see the difference ... Try to get 20hp out of a RXPX , it will cost u more ...

Im not one to stay stock.. internal and external.. I have many plans for my spark in the next couple months, Starting with V Tech tune, new seat cover, and having the plastic panels custom painted... then on to cold air intake and exhaust.
    Im taking my spark out for the first time on Saturday.. break it in.. all stock.

Back to V Tech Tune.. was at my local shop tonight and he said he would change the Tune accordingly as I upgraded. So may not be a need for the map tuner.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information