Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question RE Blockoffs questions

Ok. I originally decided that I was gonna go with riva blockoffs. I didnt like all the complaining about the Race Engineering blockoffs. But when I am reading other peoples posts, it seems like RE is the way to go. So I have a few questions about them.

Are they in stock right now?

Has anyone been having in problems with them lately?

Do you have to modify anything to get them to fit, or will they just bolt up like the Riva ones?

Thanks guys I appreciate all the help and quick responses from all of you!!

P.S I am having trouble getting the top torx bolt off the supercharger for removal. I have read all of your posts, and nothing is working to get it off. I havent rounded it off completely yet...So I was wondering how much the adapter that riva sells is? I think I am gonna go that route so I dont screw it up.

i think its hit or miss on the REs. mine just happened to need some work to get them to fit correctly. other people just bolted them on and they fit perfect so .

they wont be in stock, you will have to pre-order a set and it usually takes atleast a monoth or 2 to arrive from germany.

i havent tried them yet but i have high expectations...performance wise.

Quote Originally Posted by RXP_Noah View Post
    thread where they are being tracked: http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16781
    they can be purchased at the online store.

P.S I am having trouble getting the top torx bolt off the supercharger for removal. I have read all of your posts, and nothing is working to get it off. I havent rounded it off completely yet...So I was wondering how much the adapter that riva sells is? I think I am gonna go that route so I dont screw it up.
    I used a 1/4" box end and it came out easily.
    Last edited by jimboman; 03-27-2007 at 11:47 PM.

Banned User
    +1
    Ok. I originally decided that I was gonna go with riva blockoffs. I didnt like all the complaining about the Race Engineering blockoffs. But when I am reading other peoples posts, it seems like RE is the way to go. So I have a few questions about them.

Has anyone been having in problems with them lately?

Do you have to modify anything to get them to fit, or will they just bolt up like the Riva ones?

Thanks guys I appreciate all the help and quick responses from all of you!!

what ar you using on that bolt? I use a normal 1/4 boxed end wrench...small strokes.

+1
    Snap on sells box end torx wrenches. You can buy the set or just the wrench you need. They come with two sizes on each wrench. The sea doo part is cheaper but if you have started to round off the screw it may not work as well.

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    get some PB Blaster on that bolt too. Let it sit overnight, and spray it again a half hour before you try to get it off again. As a matter of fact, if you spray it now, it will work even better since you're waiting to get more tools anyhow.

edit: not to insult, but are you sure your turing it the right way since its backwards from the other three bolts?

Well, my 1/4 box end wont even fit onto the bolt. It hits the supercharger housing and wont go all the way on. lol I think im turning it the right way. The other bolts I turn to the left, and I turn that one to the right. Thanks for all the info guys.

+1
    What year RXP? If it is a 2006 You can use a torxs bit from your drill tools and then you can turn that torx bit with a boxed in ratchet wrench. It fits in the head of the nut.
    Here is a pic of what I use. Then you don't worry about stripping a nut. You may want to tap it in place the first time you use it. Just so you don't loss that torx bit.
    If it is a 2004-05 model just use the 1/4 in boxed in wrench.

Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1
    I still dont get why it takes 1-2 months for these to be shipped out or arrive. How hard are these to copy.... Maybe I'll copy a few....hehehe!

Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    What year RXP? If it is a 2006 You can use a torxs bit from your drill tools and then you can turn that torx bit with a boxed in ratchet wrench. It fits in the head of the nut.
    Here is a pic of what I use. Then you don't worry about stripping a nut. You may want to tap it in place the first time you use it. Just so you don't loss that torx bit.
    If it is a 2004-05 model just use the 1/4 in boxed in wrench.
    Water4fire is right - The '06's are diff. I used the Torx bit, think it was a T-30, on mine. BTW - My top bolt was not even tight & there was not Loctite on the threads but I did use blue Loctite for the re-install.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information