SLTX 1050 Oil Injection?

I recently purchased a 97 SLTX 1050 with a few issues. First one It fires up and idles well... but wont take throttle.. (smokes like crazy!) The cable that runs from the carbs to the oil pump I believe is bad, it's stuck in the open position. I'ver never trusted these oil injection systems... so my question is can I just bypass the carbs by plug the vacuum line in's that runs into the carbs.. and then just run the oil lines back into the oil tank so I don't mess with any sensors, and premix my gas?
    Also if anyone knows what plugs I should be running I would appreciate it!
    Thank You!

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    If the engine does not rev when throttle is squeezed that has nothing to do with the oil injection system.

Even at full oil feed it would not stop the engine from running properly. Full oil feed rate at the oil pump is much like running 40:1 oil ratio pre-mix. More smoke, but the engine runs fine.

What maintenance has been done? Carburetors rebuilt? Correct NGK spark plugs installed?

Spark plug wires on the correct cylinders? On some ignition coil packs it is easy to get PTO and CEN coils (primary or secondary) swapped without realizing it.

I'm not sure what all has been done, the guy I bought it from said the guy he bought it from had a new engine installed and did the ignition upgrade.. and the guy I got it from kept buying carbs to get it running with no luck. I have five sets of carbs for this thing!
    It fires right up and idles like a champ but bogs out when you try and give it throttle... I also noticed the MFD is not working... Just hope I didn't buy a complete basket case.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Juan View Post
    I'm not sure what all has been done, the guy I bought it from said the guy he bought it from had a new engine installed and did the ignition upgrade.. and the guy I got it from kept buying carbs to get it running with no luck. I have five sets of carbs for this thing!
    It fires right up and idles like a champ but bogs out when you try and give it throttle...

I also noticed the MFD is not working... Just hope I didn't buy a complete basket case.
    Unplug the MFD display. Sometimes a dead display can cause ignition problems.

I will try that thanks!

Thread Information