Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Finally getting a Motec for my 13 RXPX

Any suggestions? I'm excited....to be honest.

+1
    wait new engine tuning coming to market soon beta testing now works great

The most interesting man in the world. Nils888's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by eazygoin View Post
    Any suggestions? I'm excited....to be honest.
    What info would you like to know???

+1
    Hello and thanks for the reply and I apologize for the delay. I am racing it in Veteran runabout limited as they eliminated expert stock. The ski has ; R&D intake grate, pump seal ,impeller cone, Riva Intake. Honestly,I haven't decided on what rrfpr to go with. I have an Aeromotive on my 07 Ultra and love it. I'm tempted to do my own setup but time is an issue. Open to suggestions. Does the M130 come with an O2 sensor? Is the upgrade worth it? Thanks for any help, and if all goes well, I will thank you again after at least some podiums!

I haven't decided on what rrfpr to go with. I have an Aeromotive on my 07 Ultra and love it. I'm tempted to do my own setup but time is an issue. Open to suggestions.
    A quality FPR is a real advantage as well is a GOOD fuel pressure gauge tha you can see from the drivers seat wile under full power. The fuel pressure must be within a couple of lbs of 60 PSI under all load conditions and must be very repeatable.

Rising rate adds a new set of problems that appear to not really be worth the trouble. Salt water are and water kills these things.

Does the M130 come with an O2 sensor? Is the upgrade worth it? Thanks for any help, and if all goes well, I will thank you again after at least some podiums!
    An o2 sensor with feedback to data loggers is the only way I have found to tune these motors. Nils prefers the optional Motec O2 sensor setup. It can also be tuned with the help of a CMD/widband2/LCD200 but Nils will get crabby if you go that direction.

Hope this helps

Andy

+1
    I am not opposed to a 3rd party O2 sensor system as long as it is a good quality one that has a 0-5volt output to connect to the M130 for data logging. In order to use this setup you will need to buy Level 2 logging for the M130 in order to log the external A/F channel.

If you decide to go this direction. Please buy a good quality A/F Meter.
    I Like the NTK-AFX.

+1
    Hello and thanks for the reply and I apologize for the delay. I am racing it in Veteran runabout limited as they eliminated expert stock. The ski has ; R&D intake grate, pump seal ,impeller cone, Riva Intake. Honestly,I haven't decided on what rrfpr to go with. I have an Aeromotive on my 07 Ultra and love it. I'm tempted to do my own setup but time is an issue. Open to suggestions. Does the M130 come with an O2 sensor? Is the upgrade worth it? Thanks for any help, and if all goes well, I will thank you again after at least some podiums!
    The M130 dose not come with a internal A/F Meter. There is a Motec LTC 4.9 and sensor that you can buy for direct plug and play A/F ratio into the ECU that will work with the Level 1 logging that comes standard in the ECU.

+1
    The motec sensor sounds ideal. So rising rate isn't worth it. I'm running stock boost as I'm sure with most of us, I modify on order of importance and money! I used a powershot on my ultra and it worked but seemed like a band aid fix. Thanks and you guys have been very helpful. Hopefully I will receive it next week. I'm painting her this weekend. flourescent orange, green, and blue, purple, green and red metallic. Other boats at least can't say they didn't see me!

+1
    The motec sensor sounds ideal. So rising rate isn't worth it. I'm running stock boost as I'm sure with most of us, I modify on order of importance and money! I used a powershot on my ultra and it worked but seemed like a band aid fix. Thanks and you guys have been very helpful. Hopefully I will receive it next week. I'm painting her this weekend. flourescent orange, green, and blue, purple, green and red metallic. Other boats at least can't say they didn't see me!
    You don't need to use rising rate unless you go high boost turbo. The only down side of using the Motec LTC is it dose not have a display. So you can't view you A/F ratio on the fly. You have to down load a data log from the ecu and check your A/F ratio on you laptop.
    This is why some people use 3rd party A/F meters. Or they already have them.

+1
    I have an LC-1 I originally bought for my ultra sitting on a shelf with a new O2 sensor. I had a water leak I couldn't cure and I fried the original O2. So would I have to use to actual sensors. Location recommendations, drill and tap sizes( I have the drill and tap still for the LC-1,probably Bosch). Hopefully the kit will have that,huh. Thanks again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information