Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

1 50.00%
  • Yes, 3 outputs

1 50.00%
  • Yes, 5 outputs

0 0%
  • Yes, but i dont use a Bosch LSU4.2 (post what you use if this is the case)

0 0%
    Boost whore
    +1

O2 Sensor output splitter (poll inside) - watch this space

Hey guys

We (turbo retro and myself) have seen the need for a device that splits the output of a single Bosch LSU4.2 (or any 5 wire sensor) and outputs it 3 or 5 times

Thus your single O2 sensor becomes many giving you the ability to give all the devices you run its own raw data

Now this is not just some fancy Y cable
    It is a microprocessor controlled box ensuring that the input is faithfully recreated on each output in real time

With the added benefits of
    Cleaning up your hull from reduced wiring
    Running 1 sensor lowers your sensor fail rate 1/3rd (one sensor that can fail vs three that can fail)

We are currently in prototyping and testing phase

Pricing has yet to be determined but it will be cheaper than your current options to run three or even 5 sensors with the cost of sensors and machining to install them

There will be a for sale thread as soon as they have been tested and repackaged into a durable casing (prototype is currently getting housed in plastic box from local electronics store, and aint pretty enough)

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Whats the purpose of this option ?

Boost whore
    +1
    Well put simply it is an option over having multiple O2 sensors for every system you want to run.

And yes I am aware that most systems that run off of an O2 sensor generally have an 5V out and in plug so that you may daisy chain them all together.
    But there are people that for one reason or another choose not to daisy chain and instead they want multiple sensors so that each system has its own sensor to run off of.

People may do this because they want to ensure that each device is getting true and accurate signal to run off of.
    Or to minimize the risk of one of your outputs sending slow/false data out and slowing or corrupting the daisy chain of systems.
    Or they just want to run a system that doesnt have a 5V in.

hope this answers your question.

Az.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuras View Post
    Hey guys

We (turbo retro and myself) have seen the need for a device that splits the output of a single Bosch LSU4.2 (or any 5 wire sensor) and outputs it 3 or 5 times

Thus your single O2 sensor becomes many giving you the ability to give all the devices you run its own raw data

Now this is not just some fancy Y cable
    It is a microprocessor controlled box ensuring that the input is faithfully recreated on each output in real time

With the added benefits of
    Cleaning up your hull from reduced wiring
    Running 1 sensor lowers your sensor fail rate 1/3rd (one sensor that can fail vs three that can fail)

We are currently in prototyping and testing phase

Pricing has yet to be determined but it will be cheaper than your current options to run three or even 5 sensors with the cost of sensors and machining to install them

There will be a for sale thread as soon as they have been tested and repackaged into a durable casing (prototype is currently getting housed in plastic box from local electronics store, and aint pretty enough)
    Can't say if it is needed. But good luck with you project.

Most home made circuits don't factor in noise (mostly on the 12v line), Have you?
    Last edited by ange5583; 05-19-2014 at 03:00 AM.

Boost whore
    +1
    Yea mate

This is not just some home made circuit, through contacts we are having the board professionally designedfor us and will be built by professionals as well.
    The only home made part of it will be the install into its casing and the wiring when we assemble the units

Furthermore the unit will not be released untill it has been tested thoroughly and faithfully reproduces the output of the sensor with no interference or noise

Cheers

Az

+1
    yes.. all inputs and outputs are isolated individually.

voltage regulation is a must. there is capability to have a regulated 12V output. But at this stage, trying to keep it simple to keep costs down.

this thing is over engineered as all stuff that aussies make are. 20Mhz processor opto isolated inputs, all programming in C++

The home made protoype is working well. its getting it to marine conditions is what we are after.

sirbreaksalot - ultimately, this is for tuning your engine should you get bad fuel. My future plan is to make this a meth/water injection controller based on AFR's defined by a user level. The kwaka 310's and turbo seadoo's can and are running high boost. and this is for those of us who cannot afford a motec. Even in the seadoo section, a full blown CMD with dash etc is around $1K + Vtech Tune and hand held etc.. = $$$$$

we make alot of stuff here in WA that most of the jetski market dont know about.

The box is basically to provide multiple outputs for whatever you want to use to monitor AFR without spending $$$ on multiple sensors. If you get a bad batch of fuel, and you are riding on a stock ski. relying on your knock sensor is not the safest thing..

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    I understand what it can be used for.....
    but even with the best electronics in the world are NO good when the 02 sensors
    on the ultra platforms last as little as 5mins due to the exhaust issues.

so tuning from a malfunctioning 02 becomes more dangerous than the average person with a test light.

I personally just use the off the shelf TECHEDGE unit with dash display etc... and there priced well.

but at the end of the day I CAN NOT leave rhe 02 in permanently.

waz

+1
    but even they dont offer a 02 sensor splitter. i cannot speak first hand about kwakas, i have over 50hrs on my o2 sensor and it runs all the time.

i cannot run waterboxes cause the turbo destroys them

Thread Information