Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Help...R&D SVHO Reflash Check Engine light w/ 01 code

I just finished putting my ski back together and wanted to test all the hose connections and make sure ski was going to run when I head to the lake.

I fire up the ski for the first time after R&D R2 reflash. I get an instant check engine warning and red flashing light and beeping. Code shows 01 which is normal operating...no errors.

Anyone experience anything like this? R&D is obviously closed today...so Im SOL with getting a response from the horse's mouth.

Thanks in advance.

Banned User
    +1
    Last edited by Rocketman; 10-09-2014 at 10:31 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    unplug the ecu. crank it over a few revulations. Then wait a full 5 minutes. Plug up the ecu. Thing should be normal. Or look else where for the problem. If you have the wrong ecu like say an fx in an fzr it will beep but work normal. Just push the button to stop the beeping and ride normal.
    Thank you for the prompt reply. It was my brand new ECU they reprogramed because I wrote my name on it prior to sending it.

I will try the five minute unplug and crank. I will send it back if need be, just hoping to avoid it. If I forgot a connection on the fuel rail area when doing the ribbon delete....shouldnt it throw a code?

+1
    A few years back, R&D accidentally flashed my FZ ecu as an FX. It caused an instant warning due to not being able to find cruise control & no-wake. I cant remember if the code showed on the dash. But, it did show once hooked up to YDS. As soon as we deleted it, it came back instantly.

The YDS showed the programming as 65S(FX) instead of 6AN(FZ). I sent it back to be re-programmed. Hopefully, yours is that simple.

Banned User
    +1
    Last edited by Rocketman; 10-09-2014 at 10:31 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KamikazeGPR View Post
    A few years back, R&D accidentally flashed my FZ ecu as an FX. It caused an instant warning due to not being able to find cruise control & no-wake. I cant remember if the code showed on the dash. But, it did show once hooked up to YDS. As soon as we deleted it, it came back instantly.

The YDS showed the programming as 65S(FX) instead of 6AN(FZ). I sent it back to be re-programmed. Hopefully, yours is that simple.
    I was reading that thread and it showed error code 68 when it had an FX reflash vs FZR. I hope its something that simple.

I have the green and white plugs connected on front of fuel rail. The black one in the middle that connects to the throttle body and also the one on the main harness on the back side of the manifold. I think that was all of them. I am double checking them as well...while the 5 mins passes by.

Banned User
    +1
    Last edited by Rocketman; 10-09-2014 at 10:30 PM.

+1
    there are 2 plugs at the front knock and something else. one in the top of the intake manifold behind the injectors, temp and throttle control. cam sensor. I think theres another one on that backside some where. I think its a thermastat. cant rember or find it just look closley for something unpluged. Hope this helps
    I count a total of 5 connections that were unpluged when I removed the intake manifold. All are connected, tight and secure.

+1
    unplug the ecu. crank it over a few revulations. Then wait a full 5 minutes. Plug up the ecu. Thing should be normal.
    WINNER...WINNER...WINNER

Thank you all for prompt replies and assistance! I love Greenhulk!

Cheers

Banned User
    +1
    Last edited by Rocketman; 10-09-2014 at 10:30 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information