Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

first service time

Wondering when did you guys get the first service on your spark? I heard 10hours is usual but the dealer said that 20hour is ok too. Is it usual to get spoon in the oil when i rid it for 20hours before changing the oil? Is it just oil change they do on the first service?

Manual says 100 hrs or first year for oil and filter. I changed my own oil without filter at 10.5 hrs. I will do all other service at winterizing time at season end.

+1
    I would highly recommend to remove the top and check all clamps , engine mounts nuts etc ...

I found some bits loose , the nylon nuts on engine mounts and spark plugs on mine needed retorque ...

Quote Originally Posted by nyland View Post
    Wondering when did you guys get the first service on your spark? I heard 10hours is usual but the dealer said that 20hour is ok too. Is it usual to get spoon in the oil when i rid it for 20hours before changing the oil? Is it just oil change they do on the first service?
    I just bought my spar yesterday and they told me to bring it in at 25 hours for my first service. Idk if that's long or not. But today I went ride my spark and it is a blast. I caught so much air

+1
    What does the manual say?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
    Manual says 100 hrs or first year for oil and filter. I changed my own oil without filter at 10.5 hrs. I will do all other service at winterizing time at season end.
    Mark, what oil did you use? I've got 10 hours on my ski and I'm going to do the same. Did you go with BRP oil?

I got mine on monday. My dealer said 50 hours or end of summer, whichever comes first for first servicing.

They also quoted me 240ish for the first service/winterize combo. Any thoughts on that? They said I should feel comfortable doing my own servicing after the first one, but recommended the dealer service for the first servicing.

+1
    Rob check the manual. The first service us mostly just inspecting things. Personally I'm not waiting 50 hours for an oil change. I'll be doing mine next week. If you're comfortable doing it no need to pay the dealer.

+1
    *is

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RobNH View Post
    I got mine on monday. My dealer said 50 hours or end of summer, whichever comes first for first servicing.

They also quoted me 240ish for the first service/winterize combo. Any thoughts on that? They said I should feel comfortable doing my own servicing after the first one, but recommended the dealer service for the first servicing.
    Bit confused here.....the Spark operators manual states first service at 50hrs or end of first year which ever comes first. My dealer said first service at 50hs or end of first year.

Why are people servicing there Sparks after 10hrs ??

Don,t we trust the dealers or manufacturers??

If you bought a brand new $300,000 Ferrari and they said the first service was at 50,000 miles I,m pretty sure people would not be getting underneath it at 2000 miles to change the oil themselves.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information