Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Spark vs Yamaha...DISCUSS

Dont know if you guys have seen Yami's video but it does have some points. I am a Seadoo person all the way , HOWEVER after seeing a Spark at the dealer a few weeks ago i could never see buying one. They just looked "cheap" and they actually had a grey /black one that had a hole in the side from shipping...it just makes me wonder

Wow the Spark must be scarring the SHIT out of Yamaha... I mean the spark isnt to be compared to the Vx yamaha, Sea-doo has the gti 130 if you want to compare apples with apples.

I think this shows just how good (bang for the buck) the Spark is and how much its going to impact the pwc-world

+1
    Great points in the video...I also could never see owning a Spark

Banned User
    +1
    Too bad it sounds like Dealers are ripping people with outrageous fees tacked on to these. The 4999 Spark turns into a 6500 dollar purchase real fast it seems.

5. +1 by:

+1
    I think the 4999 price tag is just another sales technique to get you in the door after that they just hope you fall for all the "hype" and purchase. The spark looks like fun but its kinda scary to think you hull can break from waves.

I do think they are impacting sales a bit no doubt.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by yamacruiser View Post
    I think the 4999 price tag is just another sales technique to get you in the door after that they just hope you fall for all the "hype" and purchase. The spark looks like fun but its kinda scary to think you hull can break from waves.

And the real funny thing is no dealers around here or pretty much elsewhere even have the base 60 hp entry level Spark available for sale now. Talk about a 'sales technique'...and that's putting it lightly.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Q in Arizona View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by yamacruiser View Post

And the real funny thing is no dealers around here or pretty much elsewhere even have the base 60 hp entry level Spark available for sale now. Talk about a 'sales technique'...and that's putting it lightly.
    My dealer said that was a big problem. He's been having other dealers calling him for weeks trying to work a trade but no one has them

+1
    I think the spark would be awesome. I'll buy one in 5 years when I can get it for 3k. But I saw this video and thought it was kind of classless by Yamaha, and really shows that they are threatened by the new boat. Its not the ideal ski for everyone, but yamaha doesn't even make sense with their comparison. I ride older 2 strokes. I always have an x4 on hand or two. Theyre fun, light and playful. I think thats what seadoo was aiming for with the spark. If I wanted a ski big enough to pull tubers, and a gas tank to ride all day, and still costs 12-15k..... ID BUY A FREAKING BOAT.

Yamaha making this video, to me shows how they feel the need to prop up their own product, they must feel threatened. I've seen a spark in person, yea it's a bit plastic looking, in 2 weeks I will have ridden one, so I can't comment on that yet. What's the msrp on the Yamaha ski their comparing to the spark? A new ski for 5-7 grand is pretty cheap, that's what the spark is, cheap, inexpensive, entry level, I don't think it's been advertised as anything else.

Banned User
    +1
    I dont consider the Spark entry level. I look at it as a small light playful alternative to the modern barges. I wouldnt trade a 5000 dollar spark even up for the 8000 dollar vx. I would take the spark hands down.

12. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information