+1

Help! 05 Rxp won't turn over

So while riding today earlier at the lake my ski shut off as if someone pulled the lanard out when I hit the throttle. I swapped batteries to see if that was the problem and it wasn't. I noticed I had no antifreeze in my reservoir ( I know I had antifreeze in before riding). The ride plate screw was still in and could not figure out what happen to my antifreeze. I put in 1 gal + 1/2 when I got home & its still not full? (Any idea on how much antifreeze it takes to be full?) No antifreeze or water inside the hull and oil looks fine. When I press start it clicks once but won't turn over @ all. Any suggestions, I plan on checking spark plugs, and supercharger tomorrow.

Pull the plugs out to look at the color & See if the plugs are all even color?? MARK THEM SO YOU KNOW WHAT CYL THEY CAME OUT OF& #1 CYLINDER IS AT THE REAR OF THE ENGINE. Also see if it will spin over with the plugs out?? Dont forget the pump could be locked up? or the supercharger could have it locked up?? a external water leak would have ran the engine hot & you would have had a error code or a Beep on the dash panel? a Gallon and a 1/2 is about the capacity of the system????????

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by joe w View Post
    Pull the plugs out to look at the color & See if the plugs are all even color?? MARK THEM SO YOU KNOW WHAT CYL THEY CAME OUT OF& #1 CYLINDER IS AT THE REAR OF THE ENGINE. Also see if it will spin over with the plugs out?? Dont forget the pump could be locked up? or the supercharger could have it locked up?? a external water leak would have ran the engine hot & you would have had a error code or a Beep on the dash panel? a Gallon and a 1/2 is about the capacity of the system????????
    I'm getting ready to pull the plugs, thanks for the advice will do. Yea the way it sounds its like something is locked up because I'm just getting one click when hitting start, its not attempting to turn over @ all. No error codes & no hot engine temp sensor warnings. It ran perfect right before it cut out. I was thinking maybe the supercharger could've went out as well. I'll update on the plugs thanks, & yes I have no idea where my anitfreeze is going after putting that much back in? My reservoir is still empty...

+1
    I have antifreeze mixed in with my oil, blown head gasket? I'll send pics of the spark plugs later, i couldn't remove cylinder #1.

This ski has a Dropped Valve on #1 cyl & a Busted Cylinder liner.. You will need a Block and a head & a Rod & piston & a Ton of other parts... 04-05 & mid 06 Seadoo 4 tech engine have exhaust valve that are prone to break.. The P/N on the upper valve stem starts with 72. You need a engine assembly..Remann or New

+1
    This ski has a Dropped Valve on #1 cyl & a Busted Cylinder liner.. You will need a Block and a head & a Rod & piston & a Ton of other parts... 04-05 & mid 06 Seadoo 4 tech engine have exhaust valve that are prone to break.. The P/N on the upper valve stem starts with 72. You need a engine assembly..Remann or New
    What's a ball-park price to have it fixed out the door?, I know its nothing near cheap...

I would rate the ski on a Scale of 1-10. easy to have More money invested when you are ready to ride again than what you could replace it for.. Even if it is Good to Better than Average Condition?? the ski is worth about 1000 blown up. Or let me say thats about what they are selling for w /blown up engine with major problems.. it will cost 3-$4000 to repair that ski correctly.Many times a water box (exhaust) that stays wet during the off season causes problems on the exhaust valve & stem due to its subjected to 100% relative humidity while it is setting for months not running... The 04-05 & mid 06 ex valves have hollow stems. These were a bad design for long life & boats that are not winterized correctly each year.. ..

Thread Information