Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NEW 33 minutes on stf15 and it sounds/feels like cavitation. Please HELP!

Hello, Let me start by saying we just purchased the Kawasaki stf15 Black and Green jet ski Tuesday from Aquatic center on Deep Creek Lake. Anyway we love it. But after 33 minutes of Easy riding the Ski Lost pump Pressure? sounds like Cavitation? We where lucky it would idle back to the trailer. If you give it gas it sounds like vibration or Cavitation. I pulled the ski out of the water and looked for debri but nothing was in it. So I dropped it back in the water just to double check and same thing. After getting a closer look It seems everything looks perfect in the pump area! so anyway I need this ski to work for memorial day as it was the whole purpose of buying it! The dealer is 2 hours away so I was just reaching out to you guys first to see if its something stupid before I make the drive. 2 times this week just to drop it and pick it up. Thanks you!

+1
    Not doubting your assessment but it really sounds like something is where it is not supposed to be. It does not take much at all to cause this. Did you look from under the ski up into the tunnel towards the impeller?

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Id say pull the pump....even close inspection may not let you see a small piece of wood lodged between the prop and the housing.....sounds like that is what you have going on....

Well You guys called that one.. I wish I had the little l.e.d Light I got at home. Stuck it up in from the bottom and boom there was a tiny piece of wood cut into the impeller and rotating with the impeller! So I guess ill be making a trip to the lake again to test it out. Its crazy what something so small can do to your day lol. Thanks Lets up this is all it was! is 62mph seem legit for this ski?

+1
    Yes that is a potential speed. Glad we could help you. I know how it can be with a new ski. The frustration can make you easily overlook things. Enjoy your test run and let us know how it worked for you.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dshaff24 View Post
    Well You guys called that one.. I wish I had the little l.e.d Light I got at home. Stuck it up in from the bottom and boom there was a tiny piece of wood cut into the impeller and rotating with the impeller! So I guess ill be making a trip to the lake again to test it out. Its crazy what something so small can do to your day lol. Thanks Lets up this is all it was! is 62mph seem legit for this ski?
    I have a 2014 15F also and got 68mph out of it on flat water. Obviously that's read off the gauge and GPS is the only way to really know what your doing. I am impressed with the ski though. We have a 300X also and the 15F is not far behind it from a dead stop. I'm guessing since your issue happen after 33 minutes and you already pushed it to 62mph your not following the break in procedure?

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Everybody has their break in procedure.....

8. +1 by:

+1
    Hey merc, can you change your avatar please? It makes me jealous. Just kidding. I go to my dealer often and that 15F is begging me to buy it so I can be like you and have the two side by side.

As for the break in procedure the dealer told me to vary the throttle. Meaning I can go wot for a short burst.. then maybe half then 3/4.. then 1/4.. Basically just keep changing it up? True or False? I love this ski. Last ski I owned was a seadoo xps back 7 years ago..

Also it might go faster then 62 That was just a burst then I let off and cruised 30ish.. then idle. then wood got stuck in the impeller.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information