Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

SVHO R&D Reflash Issue? Help me diagnose

I was able to get the check engine light to go away yesterday with the suggestion of Rocketman.

Today I was able to lake test. Had 5 occurences when the ski would randomly just shut off. It happened three times while throttle was activated and twice while idling forward. I messed with the security fob and tried on learner mode...no luck, turned it from learner to normal and it didnt seem to change anything.

Ski would run hard with no error codes of any sort. Thinking about just disconnecting negative battery cable and trying to reset whole ski.

Could the flash be corrupt?

Any other ideas?

+1
    Damn I hate to hear this, cause I bought the r2 and sent it off for flash Friday, I hope it's nothing big. What kind of speed were you able to get with the flash?

Banned User
    +1
    Last edited by Rocketman; 10-09-2014 at 10:28 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JROD06 View Post
    Damn I hate to hear this, cause I bought the r2 and sent it off for flash Friday, I hope it's nothing big. What kind of speed were you able to get with the flash?
    Im sure its nothing big and will be easily remedied. I am pretty sure its how the ski and the ecu are syncing with each other...or in this case, not syncing.

I forgot my gps at home and I was more concerned with a couple issues that had my mind preoccupied while out riding. First was the ski cutting out. Second was making sure my pump tunnel repairs and reinforecment were 100% ready to go and that I wasnt going to sink my ski...haha. Third was a small little water fountain from the engine cooling discharge line on the transom plate. I somehow made a small little slit in the hose just before the hose clamp. Noticed it while checking for water leaks half way thru my short little test session. The factory water lines are paper thin and have no reinforcement plies. I will likely replace every line at some point...probably this coming winter.

I need to get a gopro and mount it inside the hull to monitor my hoses on the next ride and also the pump tunnel. Just to put my mind at ease for the upcoming riding season here. Still 60*F air and 50*F water temps.

+1
    was just curious what you found out with the issues on the ECU?

Banned User
    +1
    Last edited by Rocketman; 10-09-2014 at 10:28 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JROD06 View Post
    was just curious what you found out with the issues on the ECU?
    Nothng definitive yet. Spoke with Glen @ R&D and he asked me to retry the pairing process. I followed Rocketman's advice the other day and disconnected the negative battery cable...waited about 10 mins (while working on a hose leak) and then re-connected battery. Then waiited for green light to go out and bilge to stop. Then bumped the starter to power the ski (didnt start it) and then let it completely turn off again. I have yet to ride it or start it after this last pairing attempt.

Glen was confident it was a communication issue between the ski and ecu and likely due to my improper install??? The way it randomly just died definitely leads me to agree with him.

I'm hoping someone that has a vtech flash can chime in on how they re-paired their 2014 ski and ecu after reflash. Or anyone else with the R&D reflashes can chime in as well. Maybe a step by step on the 14 model skis for reinstallation after a reflash.

Thanks and I will keep everyone posted. Friday i will be back in town and will be able to ride.

Banned User
    +1
    Last edited by Rocketman; 10-09-2014 at 10:27 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Make sure there is no water in the connectors as well
    There is definitely no water in the connectors.

+1
    Check on the ecu if a pin is broken or set lower than the other one?
    Probably not.... but be safe. good luck
    Thanks
    Thomas Wester

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information