+1

accidentally beached my gp1200r

I was riding this weekend at a pretty slow speed 5-8mmph up a sandy creek. I thought I had good depth but hit a sand bar. I stopped the engine immediately and towed it to deeper water. after rocking it to shake out any pickup i started it and headed back home. All seemed fine, but riding next time after a while I got an exhaust temp alarm. I have never had one of those before. I slowed for a bit then stopped the engine and sat for a minute or two. I then started again and the alarm didn't come back, but I only ran another 10 minutes. Will regular running flush out anything I might have picked up, or should I take apart the cooling channels and flush. Or, will flushing on a hose be better. Any advice is appreciated, thx

+1
    Check all the pissers for clogs. Get them flowing if they're stopped up. I'd check those out then hopefully riding would more than likely flush it out, unless of course it's stopped up badly.

3. +1 by:

+1
    When I stopped it to cool it off all the pissers seemed normal. I'll just keep riding and keep an eye on it all.
    thx

+1
    I'm still having trouble with the exhaust temp alarm going off after about 10 minutes of running. I pulled all the head and pisser hoses and all seem to flow free. I ran the engine on the hose and pulled all the lines to let them flow in and out. I have a stinger exhaust so the only places I believe that could be plugged are up top i believe.
    I also pulled the plug and made sure it was getting a good connection. This weekend I plan to go out and do some more troubleshooting. The service manual says it should read 73-241kOhms to 300C, .86-1.58kOhms to 600C, and 64-90Ohms to 900C. Anyone know what Ohms level triggers the alarm? Anything else I should try? Is High exhaust temp maybe an indication of another problem like running lean?

+1
    Did you check the strainer in the pump?

7. +1 by:

+1
    Wow, i'm a dunce. I haven't done that yet and that's probably my issue. I'll check that first. Explains why I had good water flow on the hose

+1
    Check the strainer. I would also blow all the water lines out with compressed air. Happened to me once during low tide when i hit some mud.

+1
    Small sand gets into tight areas of the cooling system, I would pull the exhaust off and flush it and make sure all cooling lines are clear if ideas of previous post don't remedy the issue.

+1
    You can completely wash the bottom of the ski, flush it correctly, clean the drain plugs and make sure nothing stuck in there, also check the exhaust exit for any objects.

+1
    So I finally fixed my ski. Posting an update in case someone else comes across this thread. I pulled all the top end hoses and fully flushed the top yet again. Went for a ride and it was clear all my pissers were running free. Almost like clockwork though after riding about 8-10 minutes it beeped at me again. Pulled it back in my lift this time to pull all the exhaust components, convinced I had a blockage or bad sensor. I pulled the stinger and expected to find a sensor probe maybe damaged. Instead I saw the sensor (lower) is just in the exhaust casing wit hot extruding parts. I guess it picks up the temp of the whole casing, so that couldn't
    be it. I went to pull the plug to take the lower end of the stinger out and noticed the front clip empty. I found my chip in the bottom of the ski. Must be when I bumped on the shore or sometime on that ride the chip fell out. put everything back and rode fine all weekend. Doesn't hurt to flush the cooling system every once in a while anyhow. What surprised me is that the ski would run for about 10 minutes without the chip. I guess the ecm expects a certain temp and resistance after a period of time riding, and when it doesn't find it, assumes a problem or disconnected sensor.

Thread Information