+1

Dry pipe test results

I was finally able to test the dry pipe setup on my SLT750 that has been converted to a 780. I used the 93 long pipe. With the standard wet pipe the ski ran 6390-6430 rpms at full throttle according to the MFD, with the dry pipe it runs 6470-6510 rpms. Throttle response is crisper & from a standing start acceleration is better, mainly because when the throttle is pinned the rpms jump higher than before, also at low speed, like docking or on-off the trailer the throttle response is crisper too. The only possible downside it that dead spot the 780 motors have in the 4000-4900 range seems more pronounced than before, but it may not be any worse, just with better throttle response above that range, it may exaggerate the dead spot more. Speed wise I am now running about 1 more mph with a fuel tank of fuel than I was running before with a low tank of fuel.

+1
    Thanks for posting your results!

Did you notice any increase in temps for the engine, waterbox/hose or just under-the-seat?

Is it louder now?

Cheers!

P.S. that rpm deadspot on the 780 is one of my biggest annoyances with that engine. Glad my 750 doesn't do that!

+1
    I didn't notice any increase in temps, I have no gauges, just by touch, the pipe is cooler, cause the whole pipe is waterjacketed, that is something I will have to keep my eye on, the water temp was only 59*, so it was running plenty cool, I didn't change any jetting either, I haven't looked at the plug color yet, but I did the choke test at full speed, & even the smallest application of the choke started an rpm drop instantly. There was no increase in noise either. I think this pipe would work even better on a 750. If anything unusual comes up with this setup I will certainly post it.

+1
    Thanks - I think I'll try the same thing soon...!

Thread Information