Newbie here... First post to GH

I recently got a 2014 Yamaha FZS. I've put 10 hours on it and I absolutely love it. I've done a lot of stalking of the forums before I got my ski to determine how many mods, if any, that want I to do. Everyone seems to be doing the Speed Limit Removal and I haven't found anywhere how to actually do it. When I bought my ski, the dealer actually told about the limit removal but when asked about how to do it, he said "Yamaha says you have to wait a year before you can do that." Hmmm, that's weird!?
    My brother picked up a 2014 RXP-X and after riding mine he went out and started modifying his to contend with mine. I'm not trying to modify mine to beat his, but it seems like modifying an FZ gets more noticeable results by spending less than his.
    Right now my ski tops out at 68-69. I've seen 71 once but don't know if that's accurate since I've never seen it again.
    Would doing the Speed Limit Removal void the factory warranty? Does ANY modifying void the factory warranty?
    Thanks for your responses and feedback.

+1
    Welcome to the forum. here is the link for modding your 2014. http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=210923
    Here is the link to get you to 85 mph. http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=214200
    Last edited by Willfzs; 05-19-2014 at 04:49 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 14FZS View Post
    Would doing the Speed Limit Removal void the factory warranty? Does ANY modifying void the factory warranty?
    That's a loaded question. Some mods will and some mods won't. In my experience, simple bolt-on mods like intake grates, ride plates, air intakes, etc, are usually warranty safe (in theory) depending on your dealer.

When it comes to 'reflashes' re-maps, or ECU changes, that's another issue; and you have to be careful because some of those types of mods are NOT warranty friendly if you were to have a problem and the dealer found out about the mods. Keep in mind, some dealers are more 'mod friendly' than others. If in doubt, send a PM to Jerry (Green Hulk) and he will give you the latest info on reflashes and warranty info.

+1
    Don't think he is looking for a reflash.

Are you talking about the bypass mod?

I may consider a reflash.
    i don't know exactly what the bypass mod is? Or how to do it?

+1
    The bypass will allow the ski to reach top speed and stay there. You will be able to stay at you spike speed

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupacobra View Post
    The bypass will allow the ski to reach top speed and stay there. You will be able to stay at you spike speed
    Where do I order one of the bypass mods from

8. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by Willfzs View Post
    Welcome to the forum. here is the link for modding your 2014. http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=210923
    Here is the link to get you to 85 mph. http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=214200
    Thanks! The first link has a lot of great info.

+1
    Welcome to the Hulk. You got a great 1st ski .... I only wish I could afford one. ( well not wanting to finance a hobby) ... If I could I would by the 14 Yamaha SVHO they are a beast just out of the crate. Have fun & ride it like you stole it !

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 14FZS View Post
    I recently got a 2014 Yamaha FZS. I've put 10 hours on it and I absolutely love it. I've done a lot of stalking of the forums before I got my ski to determine how many mods, if any, that want I to do. Everyone seems to be doing the Speed Limit Removal and I haven't found anywhere how to actually do it. When I bought my ski, the dealer actually told about the limit removal but when asked about how to do it, he said "Yamaha says you have to wait a year before you can do that." Hmmm, that's weird!?
    My brother picked up a 2014 RXP-X and after riding mine he went out and started modifying his to contend with mine. I'm not trying to modify mine to beat his, but it seems like modifying an FZ gets more noticeable results by spending less than his.
    Right now my ski tops out at 68-69. I've seen 71 once but don't know if that's accurate since I've never seen it again.
    Thanks for your responses and feedback.
    Once I get my Vtech tune you'll be staring at the back of my ski, BRO

12. +1 by:

Thread Information