Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Athena

+1

Athena

anybody want to buy an POS Athena ecu with stage 2 tune which doesn't work well, idles like shit, afr's suck,uses to much gas, does not reach target speed,has very little customer support,looses factory function on ski ie: cruise control,key security, eco mode, touring mode, pulls timing once engine reaching full operating temperatures,knock control ???? not sure, has no instruction for self tuning. MAKE OFFER

+1
    Other than that it works well? Lol

+1
    If the paper stack the ECU is holding down start to move, just add a rock on top of the ECU...you'll be good then.

+1
    and Riva keeps telling me how so many people are happy with it and how racers are winning races find this hard to believe. my friend dump a 8400 tune to to stock ecu now it runs great all factory option still work, less fuel smoother running, pulls hard, top speed 72mph and Riva kept telling me i had a slow ski bull$hit

+1
    Yah I know how you feel, it took me a bit to get mine dialed in. You have to have the logger and wideband otherwise you will just suffer. At that point you may as well pay a little bit more and get the Motec. I have not heard one story of just plugging it and being good..i.e....VTech. I understand there is variations between ski's but why would some parts of the map be spot on and others be so far off. I used the stage 2 map and the stage 4map. Both required a fair amount adjustment.

+1
    I have the Athena with stage two plus valve train exhaust and open loop running a 15/20 with no problems... I did install a afr gauge to dial my fuel regulator although the stock map sucked while trying to start it it would backfire and run rich but now that I have the stage two map I seen speeds of 79 dash 78 gps my only concern is why I have to feather the throttle to start it every time even even warm

+1
    Before I make an offer, I need to know if it comes with the stickers.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 785xp View Post
    Before I make an offer, I need to know if it comes with the stickers.
    yes and the sticker make it go faster
    which i think is the only thing that make it go faster

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    Yah I know how you feel, it took me a bit to get mine dialed in. You have to have the logger and wideband otherwise you will just suffer. At that point you may as well pay a little bit more and get the Motec. I have not heard one story of just plugging it and being good..i.e....VTech. I understand there is variations between ski's but why would some parts of the map be spot on and others be so far off. I used the stage 2 map and the stage 4map. Both required a fair amount adjustment.
    and the logger (MD60 ) comes with no user instructions just wiring instruction

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by myown1manarmy View Post
    I have the Athena with stage two plus valve train exhaust and open loop running a 15/20 with no problems... I did install a afr gauge to dial my fuel regulator although the stock map sucked while trying to start it it would backfire and run rich but now that I have the stage two map I seen speeds of 79 dash 78 gps my only concern is why I have to feather the throttle to start it every time even even warm
    i think it has something to do with the timing curves and it pulls timing when engine get hot

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information