+1

Faulty sensor(s)? What gives?

Was continuing heat cycles and breaking my new build in as usual. Was putting around @30mph to turn around and make another 'fast' pull to 60 or so and it started stuttering. No beeps, just stuttering. I was 30ft from shore, so I pointed her there, gassed it (more stuttering, no acceleration), killed it and was towed the last few hundred feet to the ramp.
    Ran CanDoo and there are zero fault codes. Nothin', nada. Fuel pump powered up. TPS read correctly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8933.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	184.0 KB 
ID:	329822These readings are odd though. The coolant temp is incorrect, and the intake mani pressures are bouncing, following a pattern. Anyone know why?
    Also, oil is fine, oil filter has no debris, engine turns over by hand without issue. Started on trailer, idled up to 21-2200, so I turned it off. Fired it up again, idled correctly 1800-ish.

One thing that seems odd is the idle control valve. It sat there and buzzed the entire time I was playing with the CanDoo system. I felt it, and it was even warm/hot to the touch after 5 minutes of the key being plugged in, but the engine NOT running. I unscrewed it and it is fully extended while the key is out. Wouldn't/Shouldn't it set a fault is it's malfunctioning? Please help guys, I'm enjoying riding this thing now that it's borderline uncontrollable.

+1
    the Idel cv should not be doing that (getting Hot) unless shorting out, That may be your issue.

+1
    That's what I thought, but it never set a fault code. I figured a larger draw would pop a code.
    Electrical gremlins are my pet peeve. The last one was my fault and I chased it for waaaay too long. lol

If you take out the idle control valve while connected, it will destroy itself, runs off the end. You need a new one.

+1
    hey I know brother, cant even get a gauge to work on my 04 rxp i just rebuilt, birthday the 28th wanting to ride for the holiday, paid a guy to ship me an ECU and MPEM to see if one is faulty electric issues suck on these things.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Dood View Post
    If you take out the idle control valve while connected, it will destroy itself, runs off the end. You need a new one.
    The key wasn't plugged in, but you mean connected/plugged into the actual wiring harness? Crap. Ok thanks for the info, I'll keep that in mind.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek45 View Post
    hey I know brother, cant even get a gauge to work on my 04 rxp i just rebuilt, birthday the 28th wanting to ride for the holiday, paid a guy to ship me an ECU and MPEM to see if one is faulty electric issues suck on these things.
    I read your thread, but I can't help. If you've followed the wiring diagram and tested voltages, I don't know what else to tell ya.
    I hope you get it figured out for your birthday.

8. +1 by:

Thread Information