Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hi Guys

Hi Guys

Hi guys,

I'm Andy and I'm new to using a pwc for fishing. I fished all my life, streams, rivers, lakes, and my favorite is the surf. Got myself a couple of hobie kayaks and rigged them up but feel too slow. So I just got my minty 2004 FXHO and I'm ready to rig up a fishfinder and rack. Looks like you guys have it down pat. I'm always down to fish, so if anyone is in South Jersey please let me know. Will try to get a pic up later.

Here it is.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400618567.438854.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	259.2 KB 
ID:	329886

+1
    welcome to the forums nice ski

+1
    Welcome aboard Andy, can't wait to hear how you get on. I too tried the Kayak fishing a few years ago, great when you are on the fish but you are right it's pretty slow going you won't regret the switch.

+1
    Welcome aboard. Good luck!

Andy, what part of south NJ you in? I'll be going down to Mystic Island with mine.
    I just got a seadoo gts130 that i rigged up for fishing. Just need to slap a fish finder on it, and ill be set
    I, too, have done the kayak fishing route in a hobie outback. (was actually just out today)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle273 View Post
    Andy, what part of south NJ you in? I'll be going down to Mystic Island with mine.
    I just got a seadoo gts130 that i rigged up for fishing. Just need to slap a fish finder on it, and ill be set
    I, too, have done the kayak fishing route in a hobie outback. (was actually just out today)

Same here with the fishfinder and the outback, still have it and will use it for night fishing. I have only launched out of Barnegat so far, got some nice bluefish last weekend trolling sp minnows. But my voltage regulator crapped out and I'm waiting for a new one to arrive. This weekend is out, unfortunately. It would be to fish together, my goal is to get out front at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by yamacruiser View Post
    welcome to the forums nice ski
    Quote Originally Posted by wally43 View Post
    Welcome aboard Andy, can't wait to hear how you get on. I too tried the Kayak fishing a few years ago, great when you are on the fish but you are right it's pretty slow going you won't regret the switch.
    Quote Originally Posted by FAT RAT View Post
    Welcome aboard. Good luck!

Thanks guys!

+1
    Andy,

Welcome aboard also. Seems like we all came from the same place. Still do the Hobie Oasis thing at times.

Do yourself a favor. Try to get on from the rear, like you just fell off, in a controlled area.

Don't ask me how I discovered that I needed to change the Cooler mounting method.

Steve
    Virginia Beach

PS.

I can swap out the Rocket Launcher for the Cooler Rack in about 5 minutes.

Thanks Steve. Yep I was thinking about that, how the heck will I get back on with the rack. I heard the FX is stable enough to be boarded from the side. You're right, I will have to try myself.

It's been a long day and I don't get your PS. Will read it again later haha.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information